• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
January Banter

Isopycnic

I think that might be an error on the website. Their zone forecasts still have the watch.

Yeah, you're right. I guess when they issued a Wind Advisory it was overlapped on top of the WSW. Sorry for any confusion I may have caused.

Unlikely.

Seriously, every storm trends NW...except when that would result in central NC getting more than token snow, and then that trend fails. What kind of luck is this?

You don't happen to be a shoe salesman do you? They have the worst luck in life. :lol:

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Per Robert (wxsouth) on twitter:

"Water Vapor tells truth. Main upper low Baja is sending vorts into break-off upper low in Arizona. Will expand precip Tues in South."

It sounds like he is going to go WAY out on a limb today! I think all of us SE weenies should go out there and support him! I really hope he is correct!

You know this is a complex storm unfolding when even Robert is having a hard time figuring out how much will fall. To say the models have what will happen ironed you right now is asking a lot. Fully expect a good bit of waffling around today and the players get sampled more and more. Fun to watch either way, hope someone gets buried in snow!

Per Robert (wxsouth) on twitter:

"Water Vapor tells truth. Main upper low Baja is sending vorts into break-off upper low in Arizona. Will expand precip Tues in South."

It sounds like he is going to go WAY out on a limb today! I think all of us SE weenies should go out there and support him! I really hope he is correct!

Well, he is out there alone, it looks like.  Nobody else seems to be giving any real credibility to the SW energy-getting-ejected-and-absorbed theory.

I have seen Robert go all in against everyone else in the past and come out right.... I trust him a lot more than any model that is for  sure. Would be nice to have Brad and Matt jump on board, maybe we will see things improve today so we can get some more enthusiasm out of them. Don't blame them for their stance now cause I'm in their camp... maybe it's the weenie in me routing for Robert

I have seen Robert go all in against everyone else in the past and come out right.... I trust him a lot more than any model that is for sure. Would be nice to have Brad and Matt jump on board, maybe we will see things improve today so we can get some more enthusiasm out of them. Don't blame them for their stance now cause I'm in their camp... maybe it's the weenie in me routing for Robert

You know Brad wants to jump on board, he's probably a bigger winter weather weenie than Brick and Ji combined!

I have seen Robert go all in against everyone else in the past and come out right.... I trust him a lot more than any model that is for  sure. Would be nice to have Brad and Matt jump on board, maybe we will see things improve today so we can get some more enthusiasm out of them. Don't blame them for their stance now cause I'm in their camp... maybe it's the weenie in me routing for Robert

It seems that he is very confident in the southern energy moving east and overrunning much of the SE with gulf moisture snow.  Hard to say "throw out the models" as he's kind of doing, but man I hope he's right. 

It seems that he is very confident in the southern energy moving east and overrunning much of the SE with gulf moisture snow.  Hard to say "throw out the models" as he's kind of doing, but man I hope he's right. 

He does.  You would think if he's going to turn out right, though, the models would start showing it.  We're in a timeframe where the Nam should be pretty good.  And it doesn't show that southern system doing much to help us yet.  At least it's quite a bit wetter than 6z.  Hopefully, that's the start of a better trend.

SREF looks good for central NC, too. Showing .50 and with the ratios I bet that would be at least 6 inches of snow. I'd take that.

Brick, you're looking good man. Wish this thing would pull west and give you all rain so I could get some snow, but we'll see how that goes  :whistle:

At least the Heels kept the streak alive against Clemson, much needed win. 

He does.  You would think if he's going to turn out right, though, the models would start showing it.  We're in a timeframe where the Nam should be pretty good.  And it doesn't show that southern system doing much to help us yet.  At least it's quite a bit wetter than 6z.  Hopefully, that's the start of a better trend.

Yep, he even hinted that he thought the models may not pick up the correct pattern at 12Z today; which I agree should be shown by now on the models. 

Is the water vapor loop showing something clearly that the models are not?  You'd think if they were Allan, and Matthew, and others would be able to identify.  I'd like some other Met's to chime in on Robert's synoptic theory a bit to make me feel better....or help me move on. 

In his defense the models are kind of lining up with what he said. The NAM weakened that southern energy and kept the vort in AZ together longer than previous runs which is what he said should happen but that models would still downplay it due to the physics. 

Yep, he even hinted that he thought the models may not pick up the correct pattern at 12Z today; which I agree should be shown by now on the models. 

Is the water vapor loop showing something clearly that the models are not?  You'd think if they were Allan, and Matthew, and others would be able to identify.  I'd like some other Met's to chime in on Robert's synoptic theory a bit to make me feel better....or help me move on. 

Remember it's just a theory. Matt did chime in on and said it was interesting. Robert gets to be a bit bolder with his calls since he is not in the media. Allan also hinted at it that if the southern wave was 6 hours faster we would have a big dog. 

You know though, there's a reason I refer to it as the Never Again Man...

I've been burned more times than not by the NAM *DURING* the actual event.

The wave is moving along on the vapor loop pretty well.  I guess we'll just have to continue to wait and see if things fall in line.

In his defense the models are kind of lining up with what he said. The NAM weakened that southern energy and kept the vort in AZ together longer than previous runs which is what he said should happen but that models would still downplay it due to the physics. 

Yeah, the Nam looked better for sure, but it would be nice to see it really pick that thing up and bring it east.

You know though, there's a reason I refer to it as the Never Again Man...

I've been burned more times than not by the NAM *DURING* the actual event.

I agree.  It seems like the QPF on the NAM is almost always overdone.  That's why I'd like to be in the 1" QPF stripe.  If you divide by 4, you still get almost a warning criteria snow. :)

Thanks.  Hopefully the NS will pick up the southern energy and it'll be game on as he says...

Just when I start packing my bags and heading for the cliffs, the NAM ropes me back in, haha. That's the best NAM run for MBY yet. Hell, I think it's the first to show any precipitation at all here.

Yeah the simulated radar look very good for several hours over CLT too.....good trend.

Archived