Total Members
    Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
January Banter

Isopycnic

I'm starting to get excited  ^_^

Think you will sleep tonight? lol. For that matter, how much sleep do you folks get the night before a storm, especially a big one? I'm lucky if i only get an hour or two before I jump out of bed to check the latest radar and models. It's like when I was little and trying to sleep on christmas eve. I hope I'm not the only one who behaves like a child the day and hours before the storm :D

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yep. Did that last night and got up a little late this morning!

I assume tonight and tomorrow will be the same/..

Think you will sleep tonight? lol. For that matter, how much sleep do you folks get the night before a storm, especially a big one? I'm lucky if i only get an hour or two before I jump out of bed to check the latest radar and models. It's like when I was little and trying to sleep on christmas eve. I hope I'm not the only one who behaves like a child the day and hours before the storm. :D

I sure pay for it too because after it's over I'm incredibly exhausted

It's like when I was little and trying to sleep on christmas eve. I hope I'm not the only one who behaves like a child the day and hours before the storm :D

I know what you mean. But this time, I don't know if there will be gifts under the Christmas tree. On Christmas Eve, I was pretty sure I'd get something. No telling with such a sharp precip cutoff.

Think you will sleep tonight? lol. For that matter, how much sleep do you folks get the night before a storm, especially a big one? I'm lucky if i only get an hour or two before I jump out of bed to check the latest radar and models. It's like when I was little and trying to sleep on christmas eve. I hope I'm not the only one who behaves like a child the day and hours before the storm :D

I got to work a 12 hr shift tonight from 7pm to 7am and I have been up since 9 looking at these damn maps/board after going to bed at 1am.... When I get home in the morning I doubt I am able to sleep much especially since school will prolly let out around 11. However if we are going to get 8-12" I doubt I go back in tomorrow night so I will try to nap in the afternoon before the real show starts around dark tomorrow.

Wait. You mean jshetley is not going to win some prize if his prediction of winter being over for us turns out to be correct?  Because I thought he must be getting something according to how staunchly he has beat that drum. :D

No way I make a call like that - especially considering the March success we've had since 2005.

He might turn out right. :(  The LR looks like a disaster. :eek:

That LR stuff hasn't really worked out with the warm ups so far to be honest. Even if it does, I see no reason why it wouldn't be brief at best.

No sleep for me I'm sure  :lol:   I am the exact same way...lol      I'm all ready for whatever amount falls and just extremely happy that it has a pretty good chance at being measurable :wub:  

+1 :-) It's crazy isn't it. I just up in the middle of the night!!!  :snowing:  Just like the night before Christmas!!!!  :santa:

No way I make a call like that - especially considering the March success we've had since 2005.

That LR stuff hasn't really worked out with the warm ups so far to be honest. Even if it does, I see no reason why it wouldn't be brief at best.

I completely agree with you. Besides, just "feeling" like winter's over isn't the best scientific process for forecasting.

I got tommorow off but I work during the 0z runs needless to say I won't be getting much done.. its cool because all of my family in mississippi is going to be getting the same system with snow.. news break just came in and they have 11.5 inches for mby that is the most snow I have ever seen.. I pray for the gulf coast because they have no salt trucks and this past system shut the coast down being that all counties are connected by high rise bridges.

Calc wins!! And my reverse psychology works again!!!!!!

That's right, CR!  What do I win? 1 inch of snowfall.  Hoorah!!

Hey now - I put actual miles in my prog :)

Hey, don't try to take my small victory away from me, Bevo.  You were ninja'ed.  :rambo:

Now, can someone get some precip and snowfall maps out, STAT?!

What are the chances that the west trend continues?

Go West, young man!!  I'm calling it.  Here's how it's going down:  The 15Z SREF will be more west, followed by the 18Z NAM, and then the 18Z GFS.  And, we all know how the 18Z GFS looked yesterday!! Tonight, the 00Z Euro will have the rain/snow line running down I-85.

(I wonder how many people I just upset with that last line...)

Go West, young man!! I'm calling it. Here's how it's going down: The 15Z SREF will be more west, followed by the 18Z NAM, and then the 18Z GFS. And, we all know how the 18Z GFS looked yesterday!! Tonight, the 00Z Euro will have the rain/snow line running down I-85.

(I wonder how many people I just upset with that last line...)

I think the next cycles come in east and less QPF.

You mod(s) are seriously ridiculous about the amount of posts you delete. I'm a donating member who's trying to join the conversations. Lighten up a little please.

If you see storm mode activated; you'll really see some crazy stuff.  There are so many rudundant IMBY type posts about to hit this forum and it's hard for the mods to sift through it all; so they just do what they need to keep everything flowing easily.

It's not personal against you; Thanks for subscribing! :)

Archived