Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
January Banter

Isopycnic

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It looked great for you guys, IMO. I mean, if you're going for all-in for a foot, it might be disappointing, but ~6" is nothing to sneeze at.

The trends are iffy, though. Got to love how a the other modelling is now shifting west while the GFS shifts east.

Didn't Robert say the models would have crazy shifts because they are not handling things right?

See for yourself! Here you go.

Thanks! Looks about the same if not a tad bit drier. 0.50-0.75 is fine with me, though. Lol.

Does anyone know where I could find the SREF plumes for KFAY? Or do they not even do one. I'm not sure. I'm still new at this. Ahaha. That is what they are called, yes?

Thanks! Looks about the same if not a tad bit drier. 0.50-0.75 is fine with me, though. Lol.

Does anyone know where I could find the SREF plumes for KFAY? Or do they not even do one. I'm not sure. I'm still new at this. Ahaha. That is what they are called, yes?

On that page you'll see blue dots on the map below. Those are the only cities with plumes.

http://www.spc.noaa.gov/exper/sref/fplumes/

Not sure they do it for FAY it may just be RDU you'll have to check. I'm on my phone.

Is that 0 to -5 showing up over central eastern NC on the 2M temp on the last run of the GFS if so then that would put us in the running to set a all time record low which is -4 Jan 1984

I believe that's actually the -5 to -10 color.  In extreme NE NC, I think there's a little patch of -10 to -15.  I had to squint to try to differentiate the colors, but I think that's correct.

Ground temps and sun angle are going to be tricky on my flurries tomorrow ! Pushing 60 currently

Yeah we're at 60- over the forecast high. Weird trend this year.... seems like every time it snows its 60 or better the day before.

I'm going all-in with the member that gives us 15". LOL.

I know that would be great. If it would verify I'd be happy for the season. Though the sref has been keeping or two members between the 15-20 mark. Highest is 20.

Torching the day before a winter storm is like a Carolina past time. It happens a lot.

I doubt soil temperatures will be too bad, though. One day of torching after all the cold we've had should do too much "damage".

Not to mention most people will be in the teens tonight.  I think soil temps are the last thing I would be worried about.

I wish I could join you but I really think our goose is cooked. Oh well, we have a lot more of a chance to pull something off later in the season than our friends to the east, hopefully someone gets buried.

That single SREF member of 15" balloons the mean. At this point, we'll be lucky to get a dusting.

And if Brick posts something like, "Our 5" of snow has been great to play in, but I'm tired of getting shafted. Should have been more," I'll personally get an angry posse together a drive eastbound on I-40. ;)

Torching the day before a winter storm is like a Carolina past time. It happens a lot.

I doubt soil temperatures will be too bad, though. One day of torching after all the cold we've had should do too much "damage".

Oh yeah I know that. Sunday was the day finally got rid of all leftover patches of snow from the 1.25" on the 21.  Pretty impressive that an inch plus has lingered for a week in the shadiest of spots.

Archived