• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
December 14/15 winter storm threat part II

Typhoon Tip

Thundersnow would trump any amount that accumulates. Doesn't happen that often, heck we get more two foot snowstorms than blue flashes and rumbling during snowfalling. I would stay up all night for that....   

Yeah obviously I wouldn't "predict" thundersnow, but throwing it out that we might have a better shot than normal for it. Anytime you see an unstbale layer in the snowgrowth region of roughly 100mb, then you are fair game for some TSSN+ and prob 3"+ per hour rates. But this is still just model data...we'll see how the thing evolves tomorrow evening.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah obviously I wouldn't "predict" thundersnow, but throwing it out that we might have a better shot than normal for it. Anytime you see an unstbale layer in the snowgrowth region of roughly 100mb, then you are fair game for some TSSN+ and prob 3"+ per hour rates. But this is still just model data...we'll see how the thing evolves tomorrow evening.

And not that I have a clue what to look for, but a couple of mentions if it on here and in the twittersphere give me hope

Will Cantore be in ORH tmw night?

17 years...

Hard to believe that was 17 years ago. Everytime he comes to ORH, good things happen. When he arrived last March with 8-12" forecast, we ended up with nearly 23 inches.

Dec '96 is still the best though.

I would think given the lift progged that a few flashes will happen somewhere at any rate.

Archived