• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
December 14/15 winter storm threat part II

Typhoon Tip

It's not as simple as the generic "Nashua will get more because they're north" argument.....knowledge of local climo helps.

1) Nashua is usually in a relative nadir for snowfall due to their location within the armpit of the MRV

2) My area is more favored to reap the benefits from cf attributed lift

My comment was based on earlier thoughts that the Merrimack valley was going to do well.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm not feeling this one. There is a wrench here and I'm not seeing it. No enthusiasm what-so-ever.

Could be because it's Friday the 13th, employer announced my job is moving to R.I., or because my fav Aunt passed tonight. A very sad day. My condolences go out to James... 

I'm sorry to hear about your Aunt, Don.

I'm not feeling this one. There is a wrench here and I'm not seeing it. No enthusiasm what-so-ever.

Could be because it's Friday the 13th, employer announced my job is moving to R.I., or because my fav Aunt passed tonight. A very sad day. My condolences go out to James... 

I received some bad legal news....def. detracts from the joy of this event.

My condolences.....

Sorry about your loss Don. Snow is good though and healing, My mother died during the 1995-96 winter.

Sounds a little more subdued from 18z...

18z was hard to beat...it didn't really flip ORH/BED to pellets at the end...this one goes back to flipping at the end, but as has been the case even with the "warmer" runs, 90%+ of the system is done by then.

I'm thinking the period between 03z and 06z could be a favored time for thundersnow...a lot of soundings over SNE have a saturated unstable layer in the snowgrowth region for a time during that period.

It'll be nice if someone can cash in with that.....won't be happening out here.  Slow and steady is the way of life in GC.  Looks like we have close to an inch of qpf.  So, perhaps an 8-12" range is within reach.

'night folks.  Enjoy the rest of the run.

13.7/5

I'm thinking the period between 03z and 06z could be a favored time for thundersnow...a lot of soundings over SNE have a saturated unstable layer in the snowgrowth region for a time during that period.

Thundersnow would trump any amount that accumulates. Doesn't happen that often, heck we get more two foot snowstorms than blue flashes and rumbling during snowfalling. I would stay up all night for that....   

Archived