Most Online
    wigl5l6k
    Newest Member
    wigl5l6k
December 14/15 winter storm threat part II

Typhoon Tip

Mpm should be smiling. Snow to ip/ice

Wonder how long 32-33 holds on to snow in bos area

6z hi res nam gives snow to 10z in bos and 11z for me but not a sharp CF until you get into southern maine. Has 10m winds east all the way west to w-c mass and temps awayy past 495 in mid 20's tonite (while its low 30's bos)

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Look at the freaking temps over the border in southern Canada on spc mesoscale observations , wow u kidding me . -20 to -30 wow. Frigid in Bos right now 11f.

Single digits Merrimack valley

-8 MPV, vt so far.

-12 stowe

Mid-upper 20's NYC

Low 20's s coast ma,ri and s ct. (Big gradient)

-17.4 at Lyndonville

The overnight models really ramped up QPF up this way...hopefully that's not a pipe dream. Is it me or do the tracks look a little more NW on 6z GFS/NAM? Crossing the Cape or SE MA...

I'm feeling pretty good with the overnights and the 06z runs.

6z hi res nam gives snow to 10z in bos and 11z for me but not a sharp CF until you get into southern maine. Has 10m winds east all the way west to w-c mass and temps awayy past 495 in mid 20's tonite (while its low 30's bos)

Looks like a good storm for almost all--a rare occurrence in NE.  I'm satisfied with my progged 10-14".

Meanwhile, it is nippy--coldest morning of the year at the Pit.

4.2/-2

06z is further NW. Probably more of a CNE and NNE deal for most snow now. Still will be a good thump for those esp inland and north of the pike as far as SNE goes.

Is there anything that doesn't give a decent event at this point? 

Outside of southeastern MA, RI and southern CT, the mixing south of the pike wont' have a huge impact (though there likely will be some).

Is there anything that doesn't give a decent event at this point?

Outside of southeastern MA, RI and southern CT, the mixing south of the pike wont' have a huge impact (though there likely will be some).

No it will be a good thump south of pike

Too. Haven't really looked deeply yet as I am

Still in bed prematurely awakened lol. I still think my good should get 4-6 here. We'll see.

Most places away from coast are 90-95% snow with a touch of sleet at end..

nice afd update by box, sounds reasonable

Yup.  Reading it leads me to think a key determinant for higher snow totals will be maintaining higher ratios for a longer period of time.  Thus, the higher the lattitude--particularly accompanied by elevation.--will likely be among jackpot areas.  In Mass--congrats GC, Dave, et al.   I have to see if my snowblower still works today.

My guess for the regional winner will be New Ipswich, NH.

3.5/-2

I think IP is becoming more of an issue for you, but two things. 

You will be well below 32.

We may now dryslot faster and cut total QPF a bit which may mean a bit less snow, but maybe IP too.

I am surprised it's already snowing here. Euro and Jerry called it, but i had my doubts it would start this early. This may add on a bit to the higher accums

Lol Storm Cancel. 6z Runs turn this into a Rain Storm. My first wasted time in a storm this season. Oh well. I'll head to Boston today. What crap. Nothing in earth that ticks me off more than Extreme Bleeping Cold only to Somehow, Someway, Someblah, get pushed completely out of the way by a Low that pushes into land that had it just minded is own business out to sea would have brought me 12" +. Then I have to listen to all that people that live out in the boonies make it seem like 90% of the population lives out There with "well no issues North of the pike" / "what a great storm as long as your North of the pike / NW of 495". Well ya know what, 90% of people Don't live North of the pike. So this is Bad, not a "no worry".

not a whole lot different from yesterday am...shifted around a bit in some areas...added a bit to BOS and pts N. 

attachicon.gifcustom_12_14_13.jpg

I can't quite identify the northern and western extent of your map.  What are the northern/western boundaries?  (Sorry I can't make it out on my own--cartography ftl.)

3.4/-2

Lol Storm Cancel. 6z Runs turn this into a Rain Storm. My first wasted time in a storm this season. Oh well. I'll head to Boston today. What crap. Nothing in earth that ticks me off more than Extreme Bleeping Cold only to Somehow, Someway, Someblah, get pushed completely out of the way by a Low that pushes into land that had it just minded is own business out to sea would have brought me 12" +. Then I have to listen to all that people that live out in the boonies make it seem like 90% of the population lives out There with "well no issues North of the pike" / "what a great storm as long as your North of the pike / NW of 495". Well ya know what, 90% of people Don't live North of the pike. So this is Bad, not a "no worry".

Relax and rip a tune on the accordion. You won't be washed away and you will do just fine. Jeez lol.

Relax and rip a tune on the accordion. You won't be washed away and you will do just fine. Jeez lol.

LOL--the first bonafide meltdown of the season right there, folks.

no offense - but your sort of in my "i don't care" zone. LOL. either way...i think you're good for 10" +/-

LOL.  I wasn't looking for your call for my neck of the woods.  It was to get a sense of where you were seeing where various thermal profiles might be shaping up.

Archived