• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    wigl5l6k
    Newest Member
    wigl5l6k
December 14/15 winter storm threat part II

Typhoon Tip

someone will probably pull 1-2" of complete fluff today. that stuff when you step on it, it moves out from under your feet before you've finished taking a step. :lol:

Radar echos on weathertap don't appear to be reaching the ground up here--not that I expected they would be.

We have nearly 4" underfoot this morning, the bottom 2" which are the result of last weeks snow/ice, the top 2" from yesterdays fluff.  Should establish something reasonable after tonight. 

What's the take on the warm up end of the week?  deadly?

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

6z consensus runs the surface track just SE of PVD/BOS which is outstanding for CNE/NNE, but obviously much more precarious for BOS and coastal plain locales.

Diving deep on the hi res models  it appears the vast majority of the precip is still frozen even here before it ends briefly as rain (likely showery in nature at that point).  The 850 temps really rocket up as the heavy precip approaches but the warming appears to be battled back by very heavy rates however, with the warming it appears there might be a latitudinal gradient of a switch to IP, in fact I think N CT on south might be in a dumbfounded zone of IP++ for a time if 6z models are correct.  I'm not trying to debbie downer this because I think the front end is going to deliver the goods in a big way but I'm feeling pretty sure that it'll torch up to upper 30s on the coastal plain probably mid 30s out to 495 with a track as depicted on the most recent guidance once the precip shuts off. Of course it'll slam back to freezing not too long afterwards...

I still think 4-8" is a reasonable range for the immediate boston area but could see it in the lower end of the range if there's a warm punch somewhere in an elevated region that switches folks to IP a bit early.

Mets am I out to lunch with this thinking?

That cold you have is impressive. 6/-1F here. Gonna stay cold for most of this

Blizzy might get his later piece too

Rare is the morning when I'm cooler than you.

3.1/-3 at the Pit.

I wonder if we might managed to stay sub-teens through the daylight hours.  Prog is for 15*, so I supposed its doable.  Cold storm in store.

Archived