• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

whatever you want to say it's totally awesome gov closes for this:

BbIF88xCQAAVKFj.jpg

via Alex Liggitt

https://twitter.com/alexliggitt/status/410397060697833472

Fan-freaking-tastic.

And you just know that if we get an actual good event here this winter, they'll adjust in the opposite direction and not close when they probably should have.

Fan-freaking-tastic.

And you just know that if we get an actual good event here this winter, they'll adjust in the opposite direction and not close when they probably should have.

Just said that same thing to my wife (she works for DCPS Central Office and commutes each day on the MARC). After the last two closings for a bust, when something legitimate comes along, that's what they will be open for.

Fan-freaking-tastic.

I'm sorta surprised they closed today after the Snowquester debacle.  I realize a lot of people commute in but we should be at the point where it's just a telework option. Are there gov employees who don't have computers at home?

Light snow and 33 in Germantown; estimating 3/4" to 1".

The event is disappointing as we were in a 4-6" zone, but it still looks nice with the 2-3" of old snow underneath.  As a fed employee, here we go again we're gonna get bashed for getting a day off for nothing!  I thought they'd go with unscheduled telework, but they were worried about heavy snow during rush hour.  I am teleworking anyway.

I'm sorta surprised they closed today after the Snowquester debacle.  I realize a lot of people commute in but we should be at the point where it's just a telework option. Are there gov employees who don't have computers at home?

There's no telework option for us.  I know its a very small piece but the cost and logistics of fitting the software that we'd need to telework, not to mention the ability to transfer the huge amount of satellite data remotely likely outweighs the cost of one day of lost production.  So they just make us emergency personnel instead.

Archived