• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Dec 10 Morning Crusher (obs/nowcasting)

yoda

85% chance the DC less than 2" snowstorm drought continues?

yeah...I think there is a chance, it ends with a bang, but we are wasting time...I just want an inch...we have good returns coming in now...if these aren't productive...then we are in trouble

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I thought last night that DCA would break it (if barely). I'm not so sure now.

I thought it was going to as well.. though I was kinda worried this would happen... mostly because it seems to keep happening these days. 

Temps are uber marginal everywhere and the sun is coming up.  We need some massive band I think... at least in the urban areas that are struggling thus far. 

I thought it was going to as well.. though I was kinda worried this would happen... mostly because it seems to keep happening these days. 

Temps are uber marginal everywhere and the sun is coming up.  We need some massive band I think... at least in the urban areas that are struggling thus far. 

At least the sun angle is super low this time of year. Good thing it's not march. 

Latest RAP keeps precip around until about 1 

Problem is that it is above freezing and we really need pretty good rates for accumulation.  The RAP/HRRR have decent snow through 10-11am.  That means we have 2-3 hours in DC proper to score, and it really needs to start coming down a lot harder to even get to the bottom of most forecast ranges.

DC looks lined up for a time. If it can be consistent I can see 1-2"/hr rates. Hopefully it doesn't come in pulses. 

I'm over an inch or so with rds covered. Rates have been steady but not hot and heavy. Maybe later. I hope. 

Do you think this could be the start of some more consistent banding over MoCo and surrounding area? 

Archived