joxey
We ain't Philly, but let's observe anyway. Dec 8-9 Event Obs

moneypitmike

• Replies 269
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No, north of BOS sucks.

EXCUSE ME?

I lived 28 years, 4 miles from your present house. You can take your mini-convergence zone (science included) because I only witnessed it a handful of times.

And talk about the numerous different ways of getting in and out of the Beantown from the north. Not even close, but of course that's my opinion and you have yours.  

EXCUSE ME?

I lived 28 years, 4 miles from your present house. You can take your mini-convergence zone (science included) because I only witnessed it a handful of times.

And talk about the numerous different ways of getting in and out of the Beantown from the north. Not even close, but of course that's my opinion and you have yours.  

I just don't like the area. You are in Arlington..I don't consider that north.

I feel the opposite is true.  South of BOS sucks.  But anywhere along the MA coast is the best (south or north of BOS).  That said, back to mainly sleet here, but 33.6

IMO The Mass Coast very over-rated.  sucks in general, beaches cold , snow turns to rain. You want the nite life take a 20 min drive in from the north.

For Beach go somewhere you don't need to be a polar bear (RI beaches are soooo much better/better surf/10-12F milder water/and girls that don't sound like sailors when they speak).

Still Pinging and exact temp is 33.8

IMO The Mass Coast very over-rated.  sucks in general, beaches cold , snow turns to rain. You want the nite life take a 20 min drive in from the north.

For Beach go somewhere you don't need to be a polar bear (RI beaches are soooo much better/better surf/10-12F milder water/and girls that don't sound like sailors when they speak).

Still Pinging and exact temp is 33.8

I view it from a social and climo aspect. I like the coast and south of BOS. Don't want to be land locked and the people up north suck.

I view it from a social and climo aspect. I like the coast and south of BOS. Don't want to be land locked and the people up north suck.

Hey now those people get nicer as you move north.... ;)

I always like Essex County for snow and spent a lot of time between Beverly and Topsfield/Boxford during college. My girlfriend's family lived there so we'd be there in the summer and school breaks, etc. They seemed to do very well for snow for eastern MA standards.

It's all suburbs though and wasn't like there was nightlife or anywhere to go without driving there...bedroom communities with not much else happening except homes and schools.

I can see Picks point on beaches though...Plum Island or Salisbury beaches were always frigid. I much prefer the beaches down in RI from going down there from Woodstock.

Hey now those people get nicer as you move north.... ;)

I always like Essex County for snow and spent a lot of time between Beverly and Topsfield/Boxford during college. My girlfriend's family lived there so we'd be there in the summer and school breaks, etc. They seemed to do very well for snow for eastern MA standards.

It's all suburbs though and wasn't like there was nightlife or anywhere to go without driving there...bedroom communities with not much else happening except homes and schools.

I can see Picks point on beaches though...Plum Island or Salisbury beaches were always frigid. I much prefer the beaches down in RI from going down there from Woodstock.

I bet they are still all snow today....

YA the beach in Gloucester is very beautiful until you go in the water. The thing is if you never went to enjoy RI beaches, you make the best of what you know.

Archived