Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
Winter 2013 - 2014 Banter Thread

NEG NAO

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I 100% appreciate all the mets on this forum. I've been a weather enthusiast my whole life and do have knowledge in the subject. I just wish they would explain more though. I rarely weenie out and I understand their frustration when people say things that are very far from accurate but explanations teach people and help fix that problem...which in turn increases the quality of posts.

Ps: I'm in the middle of Kocin and Uccellini's volume 1 of Northeast Snowstorms. Highly recommend to anyone on this board who hasn't read it!!!! Some of the info in there I know but it's still teaching me a lot I wasn't 100% sure about.

For anyone with DirecTV apparently they are considering dropping

TWC just as they've added something called WeatherNation TV

Yep, WeatherNation has been in the works for a while. Glad DirecTV dropped TWC, even as a former TWC fan. Maybe TWC will wake up and realize that nobody cares about their long form programming.

They didn't drop it yet but sounds like they might

Oops. Read it too fast.

Huge temperature difference between north shore and south shore tonight. Down to 36 here (coldest on island per Wundeground PWS), 42 at ISP, and mid 40's on north shore. Goes to show how well south shore can radiate. I mean, how often am I the coldest place on the island?

I think some folks need to read through this thread from beginning to end then find part 5 - 6 and 7 from just prior to the Boxing Day Blizzard 2010

http://www.americanwx.com/bb/index.php/topic/5495-nycphl-dec-26-27-potential-part-4/

Reading through every Boxing Day Blizzard thread really forces you to learn patience and respect for how things can change with a complex weather event.

Also good for heavy doses of nostalgia

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

I think some folks need to read through this thread from beginning to end then find part 5 - 6 and 7 from just prior to the Boxing Day Blizzard 2010

http://www.americanwx.com/bb/index.php/topic/5495-nycphl-dec-26-27-potential-part-4/

Yes! Thanks for linking to this! Amazing how much freaking out there was when the models didn't have us in the game 3 days out!

Yes! Thanks for linking to this! Amazing how much freaking out there was when the models didn't have us in the game 3 days out!

Yep, but keep in mind most of the models also showed DC and Baltimore getting hit pretty hard and they got next to nothing so being in the bullseye is good, being on the southern fringe, not so good

But its always a fun read watching the models all jump on board and everyone going crazy

Archived