CHSVol
Winter 2013 - 2014 Banter Thread

NEG NAO

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This storm took some folks by surprise also with its intensity

http://www.raymondcmartinjr.com/weather/2001/30-Dec-00-SurfaceMaps.html

do I miss the late 90's and early 2000's weather channel maps and the overall feel when they were into the meat and potatoes of weather. it fell off the grand canyon the past several years. it is sad really :cry:

By later this week , we will be watching the system behind this  for on or around the 6th  and there will be a lot of cold air in front of that one .

oh yea this stormy pattern that It looks like we're headed into wont lack any kind of threats to monitor. I can tell you one thing with all the weenies right now in this storm threat for the 2nd and 3rd its going to be death by every model run :lmao:

Not sure if the Euro is right, but does remind me of a point... Why do people feel the need to pin down this stuff so early? "XX can't happen" when it clearly can. Probability forecasting is a good, not bad thing. 

Well, we pretty much can't get a major snow event areawide with a progressive Nina pattern still in place with no blocking. I guess you can pick one or two exceptions in a century out of a hat, but we need a NAO block for a major event in such a circumstance. El Ninos can't return soon enough. At least then we can have some storminess south of us that has a prayer of crawling up the coast.

By later this week , we will be watching the system behind this  for on or around the 6th  and there will be a lot of cold air in front of that one .

The Euro has caught this for Monday Jan 6 th  ,  The GFS hints at it . There`s goin to be a lot of cold air in front of this , so by late week , we prob turn

our attention  towards this one .

ecmwf_t2m_neng_23.png

Maybe overdone , but mayb not by much . On a North wind over snow cover its possible .

Both the OP and ENS on the Euro have shown this for 3 days now

That is downright bitter cold! If we get this post new years snowstorm to lay down a nice snowpack it will give our area a good chance at seeing those temps

bastardi just tells snow weenies what they want to hear so wxbell gets more subscribers

So let me get this straight... Because he posts a chart on twitter which is eye popping, some how I'm gonna subscribe? Gee I didn't know he had a gun to my head. There is no need to subscribe to read or listen to Joe B because more often then not he actually posts a lot of his stuff on his twitter page which is free.

So let me get this straight... Because he posts a chart on twitter which is eye popping, some how I'm gonna subscribe? Gee I didn't know he had a gun to my head. There is no need to subscribe to read or listen to Joe B because more often then not he actually posts a lot of his stuff on his twitter page which is free.

I am still trying to fiqure out why anyone would pay money for any weather service unless you owned a business that depended on weather and you don't have the time to look at models forecasts etc.  - so much free info out there - why pay ?

Euro was more an A/B hybrid as some of the METS put it but it was still good looking and a step in the right direction nonetheless

Thanks! I just read this in the storm thread as well. That definitely is one hybrid as seen in the maps. Pure Miller A will be pretty awesome. Believe, I can hope. :)

Archived