CHSVol
    Newest Member
    CHSVol
Winter 2013 - 2014 Banter Thread

NEG NAO

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can someone with paid maps confirms this? This seems extremely over done, actually, I can't even believe that the Euro is showing temps Saturday morning at -18F near the city. 

ECMWF Hr 120 2m Temps:

ee2c.jpg

Not sure if people realize that the cold that is forecasted to come sat AM and again next Tues would be close to 150 year old record cold for NYC .

The GFS and Euro take temps down to greater than 10 below on Sat and lower with the second shot .

The lowest temp ever recorded in CPK is minus 17 - if you  rooted on 70 , you are so close you should want to witness

this if for nothing else but to see history made

I hope I radiate really well. Been running my station about 3 years, coldest temp I recorded was only 10 above which was last year. I can see FOK pushing -10F Sat morning.

Record this Saturday at the park is -3F in 1918. I think we come close. The synoptics of this storm will determine how cold we get.

the EURO and GFS are better in this range and we know where they're headed, to the amped up almost classic blizzard type miller A. the NAM just is being the NAM (non-accurate model)

I'd be very cautious about this system. There's still a good deal of confusion and I'd lean on the low side for snowfall amounts for now. I really hope things improve though as we get closer rather than get worse, or even stay the course. 

I hope I radiate really well. Been running my station about 3 years, coldest temp I recorded was only 10 above which was last year. I can see FOK pushing -10F Sat morning.

Record this Saturday at the park is -3F in 1918. I think we come close. The synoptics of this storm will determine how cold we get.

Long Island's coldest: -23 F on January 22nd, 1961 @ Upton.

http://www.bnl.gov/weather/4cast/01-jantemp.html

Archived