Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
Winter 2013 - 2014 Banter Thread

NEG NAO

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He really needs to clean up his act as far as behavior. Too hostile and trying to get into it with some well known and well respected members/METS here.

Perhaps I'm disgruntled

I find it amusing that some posters here can get away with posting nonsense garbage all day and I get called out by the whole board every time I say something that goes against the grain.

Perhaps I'm disgruntled

I find it amusing that some posters here can get away with posting nonsense garbage all day and I get called out by the whole board every time I say something that goes against the grain.

Not saying your an ***, tone it down a bit if your disgruntled. Im on VW forums and trust me im tempted daily to step in and say some choice words because of someone stupidity but thats what moderators are for, clean up the crap and get rid if trouble. I strongly suggest you pucker up before you write a check you cant cash on americanwx.com. Friendly advice for you meant to be constructive my friend ;)

Perhaps I'm disgruntled

Maybe ur disgruntled but you are also disrespectful. You opine with an absolute to your writing and its cringe worthy

When it comes to forecasting the weather

There are some really good posters here that always leave wiggle room when deciphering models .

You act as if u knw and others people opinions are wrong if they oppose your view

5 members can't b wrong. We don't knw each other but we all seem to see the same thing.

Maybe u should take ths as constructive criticism and b more measured with your responses

Forky is the worst red tagger on this board. Waste of Space.

That is just wrong, Forky may come off as a troll, but he just points out the facts that most don't want to see because of weenism or because they simply overlooked it. I know he could go about delivering the information in a manner that would seem less trollish, but still just because you don't agree with someone dosn't mean they are a waste of space. On the contrary Forky is probably one of the more informed posters here and he knows his stuff. Posts like these are the reason I want to stop posting on these forums so can you just cut it out with the hate posts.

Forky is the worst red tagger on this board. Waste of space.

Forky won't win friends and influence people, he knows it and probably does not care. However, he calls it the way he sees it, he is very good, and by the way he was one of the first, if not the first to after seeing the late models on Christmas Eve 2010, calling it "a Blizzard".

Forky won't win friends and influence people, he knows it and probably does not care. However, he calls it the way he sees it, he is very good, and by the way he was one of the first, if not the first to after seeing the late models on Christmas Eve 2010, calling it "a Blizzard".

Forky knows what he is talking about for sure. Very solid info, just has a trolling type way of delivering it. I like forky though, he knows his stuff. 

NWS agrees with my prediction yestrerday of rain to snow (1-2 inches worth of snow) for the area I'll be at on Sunday Evening in the Poconos which was based on some guidance but mainly my knowledge of the microclimate in that vicinity. In fact the only rain I'll see is what I drive through Sunday night to get there. When I get there it'll already be snowing if the NWS verifies. Rainfall that actually occurs there is predicted to be no more than .5-.75 inches keeping the nice snow pack that's there currently for sure intact. But of course I am just a weenie who shouldn't be allowed to post here lol. :whistle:

post-1344-0-89808300-1388255186_thumb.jp

12/28/13 7:14pm NWS update still supports my thoughts from Thursday rain changing to about 1 inch of snow. Reflective of the microclimate I discussed but was dismissed as exhibiting weenieism and I shouldn't be allowed to post :whistle:

post-1344-0-86498800-1388255036_thumb.jp

Looks blocky at end of 12z gfs, or I could be hallucinating. Doesn't mean anything of course

I think its time to pay more attention to the ensemble data of each model since the OP runs don't seem to be consistent from run to run...especially after 5 days

I see the nonsense banter - harrassment - personal attacks are  continuing in the main threads - ashame.......

It is really sad (and I am literally saddened to see this deterioration, went searching for the link below to remind me of the initial better intentions than what we are currently seeing) that there must be this constant attacking going on. People should go back and read the below linked thread and see what lengths people went to in order to make this a great place for us to all gather and talk weather without taking things personally (and I'm guilty of it at times too, admittedly). I have been posting with the majority of the members here since the days of the Weather Channel Winter 2000-01 message boards which was the basis for what became the membership to Wright-Weather Bulletin Board, Eastern and here. I hope people can read some of what is in this old thread and realize all the effort, time and money put into making this a place where pros and amateurs alike can just talk weather and not disrespect each other and take things so personally. Let's not go down that road. Let's remember to respect each other and try to teach each other instead of being so quick to discredit each other.

http://www.americanwx.com/bb/index.php/topic/237-plug-pulled-on-eastern/?p=2143

Perhaps I'm disgruntled

You have a very passive aggressive way of posting that aggravates some people. We get the idea that you think the board isn't north and west-focused enough.  You definitely make it clear whenever a storm comes up that a model shows little or nothing near the coast (and sometimes it's not true). All that does is stir people up.

It is really sad (and I am literally saddened to see this deterioration, went searching for the link below to remind me of the initial better intentions than what we are currently seeing) that there must be this constant attacking going on. People should go back and read the below linked thread and see what lengths people went to in order to make this a great place for us to all gather and talk weather without taking things personally (and I'm guilty of it at times too, admittedly). I have been posting with the majority of the members here since the days of the Weather Channel Winter 2000-01 message boards which was the basis for what became the membership to Wright-Weather Bulletin Board, Eastern and here. I hope people can read some of what is in this old thread and realize all the effort, time and money put into making this a place where pros and amateurs alike can just talk weather and not disrespect each other and take things so personally. Let's not go down that road. Let's remember to respect each other and try to teach each other instead of being so quick to discredit each other.

http://www.americanwx.com/bb/index.php/topic/237-plug-pulled-on-eastern/?p=2143

The good posters are still around, and hopefully the mods will continue doing a good job of blocking out the instigators when it gets busier. I honestly find myself going back to the Central PA thread sometimes where it's a lot more civil.

Archived