joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Winter storm 12/8-9 Observations/Nowcasting II

nj2va

• Replies 704
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was surprised at how quickly they got bad. I tried to scramble out of there after the snow started but right where N Duke St. hits 999 I slid off and into a garden plot on the side of the road. Guy in front of me got stuck and 2 people followed me exactly and scraped me a bit. Manor PD was pretty quick to come get things moving again. I'm glad that I gambled at came back rather than hunkering down - it was largely fine most of the way back. Stay safe. 

One of the Shenk's RA's got in a fender bender right outside the dorm. Bent her wheel in and had to be towed.

Did you guys know it was snowing at the Ravens game today?  Shoo...that was wild.  I'd estimate about 4" in downtown Baltimore.  Not often that Bmore beats me in the suburbs, but it happened today.  More like 3" in Columbia.  But my kids got to sled!  Turned to sleet in the 3rd quarter, but then mixed back in with snow up until the very end.  Finally was -fzdz as we were walking to the car. 

I don't think SR's were that high... but were they?

Doug Kammerer ‏@dougkammerer 23m

Snow ratios started at 15-1 in most areas N&W, which is why we saw much higher totals there. DC less than 10-1. Big Difference.

When I was outside in Millersville, PA when it first started it was pretty fluffy snow to the touch. Maybe it was that high in spots. 

I said earlier I thought BWI would come in with around 1" though I had 2"

.7" is a tad low, which always makes me wonder if there are verification issues involved

I know some red taggers will blast me but so be it

bwi only had .7?How close is ravens stadium to  airport? the stadium look like they had 3-4

Did you guys know it was snowing at the Ravens game today?  Shoo...that was wild.  I'd estimate about 4" in downtown Baltimore.  Not often that Bmore beats me in the suburbs, but it happened today.  More like 3" in Columbia.  But my kids got to sled!  Turned to sleet in the 3rd quarter, but then mixed back in with snow up until the very end.  Finally was -fzdz as we were walking to the car. 

Worth going, what a game. I almost had 3 heart attacks though. On to Detroit next Monday where i will be in the stands.

Archived