• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
December 6-7: Rainy Frontal Passage or a Wintry Wave?

moneypitmike

• Replies 703
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Euro is pretty nice...but yeah, its not 3-5"...more like 1-2"...maybe a spot 3 in the monads or something. It's still the most favorable piece of guidance for SNE versus the other models which are more favorable for CNE.

3 inches on wunderground weenie maps, this should be pinned also. some of us might get more from this than the 9th

The new NAM/SREFs are more in line with other guidance now so I'm not expecting much more than 1" across C NH. It looks like the drier air will start winning out by the time that last wave approaches. Maybe the Monads can pull off a few. Maybe it'll keep getting squashed?

The new NAM/SREFs are more in line with other guidance now so I'm not expecting much more than 1" across C NH. It looks like the drier air will start winning out by the time that last wave approaches. Maybe the Monads can pull off a few. Maybe it'll keep getting squashed?

I expect nothing from this one, My eggs are in the monday basket

Not sure why you're still against interior folks cashing in on a light snowfall. It's almsot as if you're hoping it doesn't happen. When you guys are in line for snow..we root for you

3" will be hard to come by. Maybe an inch or two...the EC shuts off the good mid level lift and RH quickly.

3" will be hard to come by. Maybe an inch or two...the EC shuts off the good mid level lift and RH quickly.

Yeah 1-3..with 3 being max and isolated..I don't think much more than that is possible unless the front comes thru a bit quicker.. But  he's been saying the last few days that he was leaning against anyone seeing snow

Yeah 1-3..with 3 being max and isolated..I don't think much more than that is possible unless the front comes thru a bit quicker.. But  he's been saying the last few days that he was leaning against anyone seeing snow

These aren't easy setups to get accumulating snow from. But as we get closer and the Euro still looks decent, then it is becoming more likely. We're at the whim of the frontal boundary nuances in timing and amplification. So they aren't easy to forecast days out. The smart hedge is less snow from these....but the trends have been good in the past 24 hours, so perhaps we can pick up an inch or two in spots.

Yeah 1-3..with 3 being max and isolated..I don't think much more than that is possible unless the front comes thru a bit quicker.. But he's been saying the last few days that he was leaning against anyone seeing snow

This may also be a more rare rain to sleet to snow situation. It's going to be a race with cold air and moisture left over.

Not sure why you're still against interior folks cashing in on a light snowfall. It's almsot as if you're hoping it doesn't happen. When you guys are in line for snow..we root for you

well i'm not rooting or hoping for anything. that's not why i post here. i like snow as much as anyone but believe it or not, i actually like to forecast and get stuff right. not just hope and pray and so on.

i'm being honest. i think odds for anything other than a C-1...maybe a spot 2" total are very low. if you need to put higher numbers on that to make yourself feel better...so be it. i don't care. 

i think the odds of 3" or 4" or higher are very low. could it happen? i suppose so.  

but for now, trying to maintain some level of non-wishcasting level-headedness...i'd say a C-2" as a region wide average for an event that's still more than 48 hours out is a safe, reasonable starting point. i don't understand why that's "rooting" for something. 

this gets old, man. why can't we just be adults. lol. 

Man I can't tell you guys enough to not trust those snow maps. They are giving out snow amounts with temps above 0C at 850.

Well especially in a situation like this if the snow algorithm is taking the ending temp profile and creating snow out of the past 6 hour QPF.... that will always be way too high in rain to snow situations with that type of model algorithm. 

Well especially in a situation like this if the snow algorithm is taking the ending temp profile and creating snow out of the past 6 hour QPF.... that will always be way too high in rain to snow situations with that type of model algorithm.

Good grief lol. That sounds like the Kevin Wood algorithm.

Archived