CHSVol
    Newest Member
    CHSVol
December 2013 obs and discussion

Ian

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The composite radar looks a little better but the guys west and north still win and even with flurries, we don't get squat. 

I'm just glad some people are getting snow. It's an almost Christmas miracle. ;)

I wonder if that snow shown in WV is from Sunday. The NAM has now shown the possibility of higher elevation snows out there with the Sunday system.

yeah most of it is from sunday. the euro is a good bit colder than the gfs.  but it might still be "coming in line".  the lakes low is pretty weak and washes out with time as the coastal climbs northeast.

yeah most of it is from sunday. the euro is a good bit colder than the gfs. but it might still be "coming in line". the lakes low is pretty weak and washes out with time as the coastal climbs northeast.

Yeah we were talking about that yesterday. Without that lakes low Sunday can be different, especially for higher elevations. The NAM basically has that low in the lakes disappear.

Nice surprise!  1.4 inches and moderate snow falling.  Death band at the door.  Just goes to show you haw hard it can be to predict the weather. 

In PA maybe...I haven't gotten a 1.5" surprise squall ever.  I think where you are these things are more unpredictable.  I can predict with 99% certainty that this would never happen IMBY.

In PA maybe...I haven't gotten a 1.5" surprise squall ever.  I think where you are these things are more unpredictable.  I can predict with 99% certainty that this would never happen IMBY.

:lol:

Archived