• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    amirah5
    Newest Member
    amirah5
December 2013 obs and discussion

Ian

Yeah we were talking about that yesterday. Without that lakes low Sunday can be different, especially for higher elevations. The NAM basically has that low in the lakes disappear.

It's often hard to totally rule out the interior this time of year.  I'll need a nuclear winter to set in between now and then probably if I want any hope.  It would be funny if Boston got snow though.. my guess is it will be tough but the euro looked decent last night for them.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah we were talking about that yesterday. Without that lakes low Sunday can be different, especially for higher elevations. The NAM basically has that low in the lakes disappear.

Not for dc, the inland track of the low would be a killer even with a high over the lakes.  For you and higher levels, get rid of the leakes low, front and you might be OK.  

Sorry bud. I left that area at 7:30 a m. Most exciting thing I saw was a deer munching on grass.

LOL...my father in-law is bored and looking for things to do...some how he has reasoned I would enjoy an hour drive to Essex. I don't think I can convince him the minor dusting here is a problem. Thanks for your obs, and I'm glad to hear the deer are happy. :)

It's often hard to totally rule out the interior this time of year.  I'll need a nuclear winter to set in between now and then probably if I want any hope.  It would be funny if Boston got snow though.. my guess is it will be tough but the euro looked decent last night for them.

I think the inland track will screw them.  

Plenty of homes for sale out here! Triple the snow, half the price for a house, not a bad deal. Obviously most people aren't weenies so for them the snow is not a benefit. At the office we have plenty of DC and VA residents, along with a couple PA, DE, and a token eastern shore guy. Consensus is that snow sucks and it can stay in the burbs. If you are a weenie though, this is as close to a micro snowbelt you will find and be able to get to the beltway in 30 minutes. IMBY we have plenty of Redskins, Ravens, and Eagle season ticket holders, so you are never more then 90 minutes away from whatever football action you like.

Not even speaking of Oakland, it has been a cold snowy winter so far north of DCA. No complaints from me. If anyone can complain it is the DC crew who have been teased a few times already. snow. and Ian have epic patience.

Yep. I am SE of 95 and in the past 2 winters I have got maybe 4" total. However, I remain hopeful that we could see a 2-4 or 3-6 storm this year.

Not even speaking of Oakland, it has been a cold snowy winter so far north of DCA. No complaints from me. If anyone can complain it is the DC crew who have been teased a few times already. snow. and Ian have epic patience.

I've mostly concluded we have snow climo of the NC Piedmont now and we are lucky to even see any flakes. Having no expectations is liberating.

I've mostly concluded we have snow climo of the NC Piedmont now and we are lucky to even see any flakes. Having no expectations is liberating.

What DCA does well in winter:

33 Degree rain.  We have to be the primary location in the continental U.S. for this

Wet, non-sticking snowstorms

Light dusting then ice then rain storms

And every 5-7 years DCA squeezes out a 12"+ event

I've become accustomed to waiting 5-7 years for the big ones despite the anomalous winter of 2009-2010

Archived