• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
December and a Hint of January Pattern Discussion

Bob Chill

Intresting evloution on the 12z GFS in that the GL cutter shortwave folds to the PV coming out of Hudson Bay, leaving a large pos tilted cold set-up with precip running up the old front.

Edit: Meanwhile, -30 850T into Chicago :brrr:

Ya it gets pretty cold post 174. 

-10C at surface and 1044mb high in the southern Plains.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think it's allowing another wave to form because of the crazy gradient building between arctic air and the se ridge. Look at h7. make sense in model land. But its a pioneer here so heh...

Quite a several day pattern starting late week if it came together like that.  Good luck figuring it all out lol. 

The GFS is keying in on a totally different wave now no? 

Look at hr 153 @ h7 and click forward in time. It's just a new slug with some lift. I suppose it's possible. Pattern is way amplified in a way we haven't seen in a long long time. 

ETA: 

Note the moisture originates in TX. It's like a vacuum hose pulling off the gulf on the boundary. If the boundary was so anomalously south there would be nothing. An arctic boundary sinking to tx-la in early Dec is not something I have much experience with. 

Look at hr 153 @ h7 and click forward in time. It's just a new slug with some lift. I suppose it's possible. Pattern is way amplified in a way we haven't seen in a long long time. 

ETA: 

Note the moisture originates in TX. It's like a vacuum hose pulling off the gulf on the boundary. If the boundary was so anomalously south there would be nothing. An arctic boundary sinking to tx-la in early Dec is not something I have much experience with. 

One of the hardest decisions ahead is how to title the "storm" thread. 

looks like the Low is so far to our west, we don't get the strong push of warm air into our area so surface temps hold on to the cold longer than earlier runs, but eventually it gets real warm

The GFS is keying in on a totally different wave now no? 

Yup there is an entirely different wave shooting ahead/out of main southwest trough that gets you guys Sun morning while high is still in prime position. 

Would be nice if that is correct.

Yup there is an entirely different wave shooting ahead/out of main southwest trough that gets you guys Sun morning while high is still in prime position. 

Would be nice if that is correct.

The look over Labrador from 0z to the 12 z is totally different as well

Archived