joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Potential Mid November Event

BullCityWx

• Replies 565
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think the HRRR did pretty well, but it did seem to miss the northeastern part of the band where the second max in 850mb frontogenesis setup. Overall though, I agree that it was respectable.

I'm actually a little jealous myself since we are sort of getting split here in Wake County! You could literally draw the radar reflectivities based off of the two 850mb frontogenesis bulls-eyes though, so there is no surprises about where the heaviest precip has setup. 

There does appear to be a gap taking shape, I noticed the Widre snow shield on RAX's L2 feed passing almost directly over the site about 20 minutes ago, you can still see it around Lillington, pretty cool looking.  Some type of boundary and dissipation of returns in its wake.  37/27 @ PGV, with a little bit of drizzle whipping around in the floodlight, temp dropped 2 and dp came up as much since the last ob.  It does look like the highest precip amounts will be somewhere between Charlotte, Monroe, Albermarle, props to the NAM for that in the near term.  Pretty cool sound enhanced band coming off Cape Lookout on the MHX site, thought it was chaff earlier, but not anymore.

The slightly "heavier" band that passed through turn the very light drizzle into light rain with some snow flakes mixed in. Actually, it may have been mostly very wet, but small snowflakes. It doesn't matter. It's no fun to have to squint at the streetlights for 10 seconds just to see if it might actually be snowing or just drizzling. Not that I expected a lot of this, mind you.

Good luck to you guys further east.  The snow stopped around 45 minutes ago here and only a few flurries remain now.  I picked up a dusting on some of the elevated surfaces, but that's about it.  Still, it was great to see some snow fall in November and at least the tracking of this event was not completely futile.  Hopefully, it is a sign of things to come.

A good burst of snow is coming down in the cotswold area of CLT my friend is reporting. Anyone under this heavy band will have something fun to look at. Sucks I'm out of town but good luck to everyone.

Sent from my HTC One

A wind-whipped steady light snow in SE Charlotte.  The ground and rooftops are beginning to whiten.  Hard to believe it was in the 60's this afternoon.

The radar looks like it could get interesting for Greenville, NC in a little bit if temperatures are supportive of snow.  That looks like a nice, solid band of precipitation moving southeast.

EDIT: Never mind, looks like it's splitting quite a bit (though they should still be in for some snow).  Down towards Rockingham looks solid, though I'm not sure if that's snow or not.

A great start to our snow season!

Did you all manage a dusting out your way?  It seems like the snow lasted a little longer out towards Kernersville and Winston-Salem (it took awhile to change over here).

Snowing in east concord. Can't believe it is November.

Congrats, that area east of CLT is definitely seeing the best returns right now, evident we are getting the split here, and the best chances for a little bit of duration are going to be east of Charlotte.  RWI has changed over, impossible to tell what is falling here with the rate so light, could be some plates mixing in with drizzle, unsure.

Plates, lots of them, good thing because dinner is almost ready.  I can see them bouncing off the car and the sound is almost like sleet, this is going to be over quick as the back edge is already crossing 95.  Oh well, congrats to everyone who got an early season tease, if we do in fact changeover to flakes this will be the earliest I have ever seen snow here, 2008 saw it twice in one week during November.  Was not around for 2000, but that seems to be the early season benchmark in recent memory.  

Where is buckeye....? A very nice solid band headed straight for Columbia.  Impressive 20-30dbz returns.

I'm here celebrating the se crew watching the flakes fly :lol:  I've got a fire in the fireplace, a long stick, a whole bag of marshmallow's. graham crackers and chocolate :wub:

It's rain currently.  53 here imby, not far away.

47 imby  :)

The temperature is 54 in Columbia.

You don't have to rub it in  :P   

Archived