Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
Potential Mid November Event

BullCityWx

• Replies 565
  • Created
  • Last Reply

34/30 at the airport with -SN and a vis of 7 miles, it overperformed in my opinion, was not expecting much given the anafrontal look.

Congrats to all you NC folks getting the snow......definitely not bad for early to mid November, and a FROPA event at that!  Hopefully this bodes well for this winter.  Down to 36 here in Buford now.  Really blustery as well.  No flurries or anything here which pretty much goes without saying!

is the radar on weather.com lagging? if not i still have a huge blob of snow coming right at me...

No lag.  I hope you cash in!  Only flurries here in Asheville but I'm sure we will have our opportunities.  I am just glad you guys who normally have to wait till jan or feb are getting an early surprise!

Final pic, boarderline car topper...

attachicon.gifphoto-71.JPG

:axe::lmao:

is the radar on weather.com lagging? if not i still have a huge blob of snow coming right at me...

Yup right on... If it holds steady and doesn't fall apart. Myrtle Beach and Wilmington on up the NC coast will have flakes flying tonight.

Buckeye is it snowing yet? I see its 39 now in Columbia.

I think it is.... she mentioned sitting by the fireplace with marshmellows.

Congrats! :snowing:

:hug: 

If that's the case, it should also snow in your backyard soon. It's 46 in Gaston now and 45 in Columbia.

Gaston is mby :lol:  I live about 1/2 mile from the center of Gaston

Snowing in Blythewood, as well.  It's rather light, though. 

woo hoo! 

Buckeye is it snowing yet? I see its 39 now in Columbia.

I've had a mix of snow,graupel and mist for the past 20-25 minutes :D 

Final pic, boarderline car topper...

attachicon.gifphoto-71.JPG

:lol: 

man big band forming between rocky mount and wilson.  Overperforming.  Dusting on the ground.  roofs totally white.

Yeah if that band is legit then wow....might actually see all the grass dusted, right now its mostly elevated surfaces that are covered but that band does look decent on radar. Its been barely snowing though the last 10-15 mins so we shall see what these returns do.

And like that it is done, heaviest returns we have seen here all night overhead and nothing, notta, zip.  Interested to see how folks down towards ILM and west make-out, any tokens, drying in the lower levels on the backside is pronounced, radar is currently misperceiving for the northern coastal plain. 

And like that it is done, heaviest returns we have seen here all night overhead and nothing, notta, zip.  Interested to see how folks down towards ILM and west make-out, any tokens, drying in the sub surface layer on the backside is pronounced, radar is currently misperceiving for the northern coastal plain. 

Same thing happened through the foothills and here...strong radar returns on the backend of the precip, but nothing falling.  It's usually the other way around.

Same thing happened through the foothills and here...strong radar returns on the backend of the precip, but nothing falling.  It's usually the other way around.

Yeah, the returns coming in to New Bern look pretty good out of MHX, too bad Iso is not on the sailboat waterfront.  I don't know if I would call it snow here, granted it is mid Nov and my memeory of 2008 was afternoon squall type showers twice in one week, more rime type, partialy dehydrated dendrates that made it to the surface.  Still, a big win for Nov as there have been winters were even something like this did not happen.  I will admit I fell hook line and sinker for the Euro last week, 4-5 runs that were somewhat similar, 5-7 days out, yeah, I took the bate.  The model nailed Sandy last year in the same period, I gave it more weight than I should have.  The Euro is facing an overaplification problem at this range in my opinion, maybe due to resolution, unsure.  Similar to the old Canadian before the upgrade, it has a habit of over amplifying things in the medium range, especially with respect to cutoff in the mid levels.  Regardless, happy for an early season tease.

Where are you in downtown?  I've had a mix of Rain/Snow here near Owens Field for about an hour now.  Nice to see a few flakes in November.  70 degrees at 4pm, currently 36....crazy day.

im right at owens field as well.  i kept going out and sitting in my car to look.  finally just now saw a few flakes.  my neighbors probably think im crazy because i keep going outside in shorts and shortsleeves and sandals sitting in my car.

Archived