joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Potential Mid November Event

BullCityWx

• Replies 565
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm here celebrating the se crew watching the flakes fly :lol: I've got a fire in the fireplace, a long stick, a whole bag of marshmallow's. graham crackers and chocolate :wub:

47 imby :)

You don't have to rub it in :P

It's better than the 63 here currently. We are going for a low of 36 so tonight may be the first night In turn on the heat.

If you haven't seen it, RAH has a nice case study for the November 18th-19th, 2000 storm that has been referenced often.  I missed most of that one.  My family took a trip for that weekend and we were surprised when it was snowing as we came back.  It was quite remarkable to me because a lot of the leaves were still on the trees.  We had a Bradford Pear in our front yard which still had its leaves on and it made it so there was bare grass under the branches while just a few feet away there was 2" of snow on the ground.  That was a very, very wet snowfall, too, IIRC.

http://www4.ncsu.edu/~nwsfo/storage/cases/20001119/

accum.20001119.gif

The lack of photos is disturbing

I don't think many of us received accumulations, so there's not much to photograph. ;)

Thundersnow in Charlotte in November on 11-12-13. Seems about right? Bring on winter. 

I believe the 1968 Veterans Day snowstorm in Charlotte had thundersnow.

Nov 11-12, 1968: 2.5 inches of snow in Charlottte

Lone lightning strike near Charlotte on the map there.  Looks like it would have been between 6:20-6:40...

t07.gif

Well buckeye, we must goes to the CAE.  Future frames show it turning over there too and my house is a mile off.  I refuse to miss this!  378 to CAE here I come!

:lol:  I've got a friend in Newberry saying snow is mixing in with the sprinkles 

power went out for 30 seconds a few minutes ago at my house in downtown columbia.  wind is really whipping.

My power has flickered a few times this evening ;)

Roofs across the street mostly white now here in Greenville NC and the returns to our NE look a little better.....either way its over in a hr but it would be nice if that last hr was heavier snow/sleet...

34/30 at the airport with -SN and a vis of 7 miles, it overperformed in my opinion, was not expecting much given the anafrontal look.

Archived