joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
October 2013 Observations & Discussions

Rtd208

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think the the south shore is in a deeper drought than the drought monitor depicts. I'd say we're in at least in D2 on the south shore. The drought monitor probably doesn't account for such a small area but the south shore has had the worst of it in the entire area. Haven't had a 0.10"+ rain event in about a month. At least I was able to pick up 0.02" early this morning.

I think the the south shore is in a deeper drought than the drought monitor depicts. I'd say we're in at least in D2 on the south shore. The drought monitor probably doesn't account for such a small area but the south shore has had the worst of it in the entire area. Haven't had a 0.10"+ rain event in about a month. At least I was able to pick up 0.02" early this morning.

Yeah I noticed your area has only received about 5.50 in. of rain since july 1st. Further west I've received about 11 in. during that same period.

Terrible here worst in years!!! In Wantagh we have havent had a 1 inch event since June!!!

Archived