joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
July 17th-21st Severe Thread

andyhb

• Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Unbelievable. As the line was about 20 miles west of here all these storms blew up over head Kitchener/Waterloo and this massive storm came together with the line. A legit wall cloud over the centre of the city formed and was spinning around, and I guess it could of produced but was undercut. Right as it was coming over the winds ripped and everything started flying away. We were in the basement so fast! Grabbed my laptop, grabbed the dog and we were gone. Right when we got down there the power went out and it was black. Was a thundering roar for minutes. 

The city is a mess right now. Huge trees down, hydro lines down, a lot of bad damage. Took a quick tour around I've never seen such damage here before. Roads are closed, cars crushed, fences smashed, gazebos blown over... etc! The airport about 6 miles southeast of here clocked winds at 74mph. It could have been close to 80mph up here. That was insanity. Got loads of pictures I can upload later.

*wall cloud was confirmed by professional storm chasers with photo evidence

Did the cold front slow down or something? Really didn't hear much about this possibly being a night show.

It was always going to be an evening/night frontal passage.

The issue was many of the models last evening showed the main show being the pre-frontal trough earlier in the day...which obviously wasn't the case.

Man, got off work and drove home from Troy. Up in Troy the storm hit pretty hard... actually heard debris thunking against the trunk of my car, stoplights were swaying, trees bending. A few vivid bolts of lightning, too. Interesting thing was that the wind hit about 20 minutes before the first drop of rain... and even then sand, twigs, and papers were flying. The wind became more fierce when the rain came down... and boy was it pouring! Couldn't see more than 50 feet in front of me at one point. 

Unbelievable. As the line was about 20 miles west of here all these storms blew up over head Kitchener/Waterloo and this massive storm came together with the line. A legit wall cloud over the centre of the city formed and was spinning around, and I guess it could of produced but was undercut. Right as it was coming over the winds ripped and everything started flying away. We were in the basement so fast! Grabbed my laptop, grabbed the dog and we were gone. Right when we got down there the power went out and it was black. Was a thundering roar for minutes. 

The city is a mess right now. Huge trees down, hydro lines down, a lot of bad damage. Took a quick tour around I've never seen such damage here before. Roads are closed, cars crushed, fences smashed, gazebos blown over... etc! The airport about 6 miles southeast of here clocked winds at 74mph. It could have been close to 80mph up here. That was insanity. Got loads of pictures I can upload later.

*wall cloud was confirmed by professional storm chasers with photo evidence

well, at least you're ok...  hopefully it's the same for the neighbors.

Not that I've ever nidpicked about watches but its odd DTX didnt go with a watch for the southern portion of the area. Alot of the action the last few hours has been in the area not under a watch. Had two warned storms already roll through with a third on the way here in macomb.

Archived