Newest Member
    Gonzalo00
Noreaster

Ginx snewx

• Replies 793
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The only time of year i don't mind one

Yeah I'm ok with CT getting the jackpot in this rain event.

Hopefully Friday ends up decent in the afternoon, but I'm skeptical. NAM slowed down a lot and it had been one of the faster models previously.

NAM would be bad. We don't need that much rain. 

Nope, we sure don't.  

But I think a lot of how this plays out will depend upon how convection physics intertwines with that gyre trundling E to ESE through southern MN.    I mean, for one thing, if severe explosion associated with the PDS erupts and then goes as planned, transforming into a Mid Atlantic destined MCS, won't that effectively "rob" something from the low passing to the N?   It's usually the case...  not sure how to work that one out.   

Yeah I'm ok with CT getting the jackpot in this rain event.

Hopefully Friday ends up decent in the afternoon, but I'm skeptical. NAM slowed down a lot and it had been one of the faster models previously.

Yeah, The low gets squashed out south of here, Which i am fine with that to, My yard is a pond right now, Already making preparations for tonight's game......... :pepsi:

we are going to get slammed, remember your winter rules

I know it's the wrong forum, but this all has major implications on the severe weather and tornado threat in the mid-Atlantic. I have to give SPC credit for not flip flopping with the 1730z update. Will have to see what 00z has in store...

lol at the GFS now. What a mess. There is going to be a narrow corridor that gets drenched... probably some thunder/convection too. If that sets up over some of the areas that have been hardest lately by rain flooding concerns could become pretty significant.

lol at the GFS now. What a mess. There is going to be a narrow corridor that gets drenched... probably some thunder/convection too. If that sets up over some of the areas that have been hardest lately by rain flooding concerns could become pretty significant.

Sure would make the 12z Euro look stupid if that succeeded

12z Euro was a lot more beefier than the 12z GFS. Tough to compare an 18z to a 12z run when they don't run an 18z euro.

Not for N-central Mass  ... Here were the machine Euro numbers... .Barely .14" total at FIT

FRI 00Z 14-JUN  14.8     8.0    1007      80      92    0.02     566     560   

FRI 06Z 14-JUN  11.9     7.4    1006      90      54    0.03     564     558   

FRI 12Z 14-JUN  12.0     6.7    1006      84      72    0.01     561     556   

FRI 18Z 14-JUN  14.1     6.5    1008      85      51    0.06     561     555   

SAT 00Z 15-JUN  14.5     8.8    1008      92      57    0.02     562     555

But, as I pointed out earlier, it's not as trusting as usual, because the Euro had well over an inch for that same location on the 00z, which means it's having the same issue with continuity on this thing

Archived