bowsunski
    Newest Member
    bowsunski
Noreaster

Ginx snewx

• Replies 793
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think this is all a function of models struggling with convection, latent heat release, and how convection augments advective processes. Even good model agreement for something like this should be a lower than usual confidence forecast.

the funny thing is seeing the model agreement get worse at this point. i thought the GFS was on crack early in the week...just blowing up a spurious low because of all the convection it was moving through the ohio valley... and that this would end up as no big deal. but then everything came on board. now the wheels are falling off the bus. 

the difference between the cmc and gfs for friday is about 20-25F. one of them is an LL stinger day...the other tippy drives his mom's cutlass supreme off the zakim

I wonder if we split the GFS and Euro solutions. IOW 12z GFS and 00z euro. We'll see what 12z does.

Why?

Well first off you can mix better in summer and therefore bring down stronger winds aloft easier. Secondly, we've had some good CAA days in the winter 36+hrs before any snowfall.  These analogies just aren't good to use. Perhaps the moon is causing a south track?

the difference between the cmc and gfs for friday is about 20-25F. one of them is an LL stinger day...the other tippy drives his mom's cutlass supreme off the zakim

okx is balls out for their area. 4" of rain in the best location in the nation, fairfield ct

http://www.erh.noaa.gov/okx/FB_Briefings/WxBriefing_FB.pdf

:lol: you are on a roll today

What about Ginx rule in winter when you have strong NW winds and CAA  day beforeit tends to lead to suppression?  And he looks for a windex event...Applicable here?

Uh no, where the heck did you get that from? but today does have that windex appeal but suppression depression would imply strongly negative NAO and monster high pressing down or extreme blocking, none of that anywhere. Ride the Euro til you fall off.

Well first off you can mix better in summer and therefore bring down stronger winds aloft easier. Secondly, we've had some good CAA days in the winter 36+hrs before any snowfall.  These analogies just aren't good to use. Perhaps the moon is causing a south track?

Hey wad he made that up, I never said that

Archived