Gonzalo00
    Newest Member
    Gonzalo00
Noreaster

Ginx snewx

• Replies 793
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not for N-central Mass  ... Here were the machine Euro numbers... .Barely .14" total at FIT

FRI 00Z 14-JUN  14.8     8.0    1007      80      92    0.02     566     560   

FRI 06Z 14-JUN  11.9     7.4    1006      90      54    0.03     564     558   

FRI 12Z 14-JUN  12.0     6.7    1006      84      72    0.01     561     556   

FRI 18Z 14-JUN  14.1     6.5    1008      85      51    0.06     561     555   

SAT 00Z 15-JUN  14.5     8.8    1008      92      57    0.02     562     555

But, as I pointed out earlier, it's not as trusting as usual, because the Euro had well over an inch for that same location on the 00z, which means it's having the same issue with continuity on this thing

I meant as a whole, especially for this area.

Amazing differences due to development and location of conveciton this evening. Look at 18z Thursday at 12z vs 18z. Notice the difference in NNE where the 18z keeps this s/w stronger and tries to pump heights up a bit and allows the flow to buckle and bring the low north.

12z

post-33-0-57617900-1371080095_thumb.gif

18z

post-33-0-60993100-1371080113_thumb.gif

Amazing differences due to development and location of conveciton this evening. Look at 18z Thursday at 12z vs 18z. Notice the difference in NNE where the 18z keeps this s/w stronger and tries to pump heights up a bit and allows the flow to buckle and bring the low north.

12z

attachicon.gifavn_30_500.gif

18z

attachicon.gifavn_24_500.gif

Just looping the vorticity on the GFS is hilrious. How many convectively induced vort maxes can you find?

Good luck to any model trying to figure out any of this. I think there's virtually no confidence in QPF forecasts at this juncture. An extremely low confidence forecast... between NBD and serious flooding. 

Just looping the vorticity on the GFS is hilrious. How many convectively induced vort maxes can you find?

Good luck to any model trying to figure out any of this. I think there's virtually no confidence in QPF forecasts at this juncture. An extremely low confidence forecast... between NBD and serious flooding.

if we get a lot of rain flooding will be serious. This is the driveway across the street from me and my road 24 hours after the last drop . IMG_20130612_191751.jpg

Yeah no kidding. Almost a nowcast deal. I do agree that someone to the north of the low in the deformation area may get soaked. 

Yeah no kidding. Almost a nowcast deal. I do agree that someone to the north of the low in the deformation area may get soaked. 

There will be an area where, I think, elevated convection will really be able to get going that's forced in part by some of that deformation. All of this, of course, is dependent on upstream convective evolution and a I really have no idea what happens. 

clipper climo, always north of modeling which puts sne to snne in the xhairs

This isn't really a clipper. This whole thing depends no huge areas of convection in the midwest/great lakes and how these evolve. The models are awful at predicting this kind of stuff so the exact solution is really, really uncertain. This isn't a situation where synoptic rules of thumb really are useful at all IMO. It's a pretty unusual setup and no model (even the Euro) will have any idea until tomorrow morning I think. 

This isn't really a clipper. This whole thing depends no huge areas of convection in the midwest/great lakes and how these evolve. The models are awful at predicting this kind of stuff so the exact solution is really, really uncertain. This isn't a situation where synoptic rules of thumb really are useful at all IMO. It's a pretty unusual setup and no model (even the Euro) will have any idea until tomorrow morning I think.

It won't surprise anyone if we get 4 inches nor will it surprise anyone if we get nothing

Given the PWATS though and dewpoints into the 50's along with the lift, you really won't need tremendous amounts of moisture overthrown to produce some extremely heavy rainfall.  This lift is more fall...even winterlike and we don't typically see PWATS or dews this excessive in these sorts of setups

either way it looks like SW ct and south coastal RI have best shot at flooding dumping rains.

nam crushes those areas just long duration pouring rains, while E SNE from pike north takes a while to get precip in here, like their is confluence for first 12 hours or so.  in the winter confluence is almost ALWAYS underdone and QPF overdone on NE side of precip, not sure if that works in june lol

scott would u agree that models usually underestimate the effect of confluence on QPF totals on NE side /fringe of steady precip shield. I mean in winter i have seen this at least 75 percent of time if confluence is in play.  i will see .50 precip on model w confluence in winter, it seems i'm lucky to get 1 inch 24 hours later.

with that said is confluence really in play here?

Archived