bowsunski
    Newest Member
    bowsunski
Noreaster

Ginx snewx

• Replies 793
  • Created
  • Last Reply

seems like you were hinting at a move south, but forky talk'd u out of it.  go with your gut SCF

He didn't talk me out of anything..it wasn't like that. I'm just talking to throw stuff out there because I'm trying to think of various reasons why models are showing their respective solutions. Inside I think IF there were to be a shift, it would be south..although I did not expect the 12z GFS op...I think that is too aggressive. Part of me also says to side with the Euro which I am to some respect because it is consistent. The ensembles were a bit faster and less phased, but still decent amount of rain with the heaviest over the SNE south coast. If the euro shifted south a tad or stayed on course, I would not be shocked either way.

You can see by 06z tonight, the GFS has a s/w born from convection moving into Lake Erie which then helps initiate heavy rain over PA and points east across the srn tier of NY. That s/w  then gets crushed and the parent one rotates in across the MA which redevelops the low further south. Maybe it's real...but that sure is suspicious looking.

Wonder if the suppression rule works in the summer like it does in winter with 50/50 low and - Nao?

I think this is all a function of models struggling with convection, latent heat release, and how convection augments advective processes. Even good model agreement for something like this should be a lower than usual confidence forecast.

Archived