joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Memorial Day Weekend Coastal/Snow

Damage In Tolland

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Eventually you have to ride with the data given to you. This is incredible.

All the mechanics are there for a huge snowfall...its not like this is a weak frontal wave and the models are trying to spit out 3/4 of an inch of marginal snow qpf...this has all the goods to make it very believable that a lot of people are going to be shocked up in N VT/N NH come tomorrow afternoon and evening.

I'm not sure the setup gets any better for heavy snow in the N Greens upslope regions. A monster CCB/deformation with NW boundary layer flow.

All the mechanics are there for a huge snowfall...its not like this is a weak frontal wave and the models are trying to spit out 3/4 of an inch of marginal snow qpf...this has all the goods to make it very believable that a lot of people are going to be shocked up in N VT/N NH come tomorrow afternoon and evening.

I'm not sure the setup gets any better for heavy snow in the N Greens upslope regions. A monster CCB/deformation with NW boundary layer flow.

Yep, all the features are in place and will deliver over the spine as modeled. Unless something screwy happens with the deformation area...hard to see this not becoming a big deal above 1500'. I think the key obviously is getting sufficient precip rates in that deformation or TROWAL like feature...but many models really outline this feature and upslope like you said. Hopefully this thing will occur as modeled right now.

Synoptically, the 00z Euro is snowing hard in the Berks, period -- I wouldn't limit snow chances to just the elevations given the new NAM and this particular Euro run combined. Particularly if the new Euro continues along this depiction ilk.  

f48.gif

I hope you guys are paying attention to the anal retentive details of this synoptic evolution... The NAM would support a high of 60F in places like Norwood Mass, after possibly snowing just prior to 12z on Sunday for interior elevations even in SNE.  The skies go partly sunny prior to noon as the model evacuates the deep layer vortex out of the area ... leaving downslope flow and late May sun in it's wake.  That's amazing.  

Snow, in the air, for the ORH Hills according to the Euro and NAM, then, it clears around 10am, the sun comes out, and the temps pops into the upper 50s for the coastal plain with off-shore down-sloped flow ?   This is going to be a fun ride!

I just packed up the SUV and the dog is in the car...I am not sure I can believe I am leaving.

I am usually pretty even keeled on the boards but I may have a 40/70 type breakdown :lol:

I just packed up the SUV and the dog is in the car...I am not sure I can believe I am leaving.

I am usually pretty even keeled on the boards but I may have a 40/70 type breakdown :lol:

This is almost as bad as Wiz missing the F-3/4. Good thing there was no cold left in Canada :popcorn: Kancamangus Krippler, a Stowe Stunner, a Jay Peak juicer, this is a Pine Punisher, an Aspen Annihilator

This new snow won't last on Killington. Not through next weeks temps. Even up there. But it could be eppic on Superstar this weekend. I think they get more than 6-10, probably double that for an EPIC powder day. Isn't superstar at the top of Killington Peak?

No Superstar is on Skye Peak from roughly 3,800'  to 2,400' in elevation.

My book on Killington mentions 18" of snow just before Memorial Day in 1967, you weather guru's might be able to check on that.

This new snow won't last on Killington. Not through next weeks temps. Even up there. But it could be eppic on Superstar this weekend. I think they get more than 6-10, probably double that for an EPIC powder day. Isn't superstar at the top of Killington Peak?

No, they run their early season trails from the peak but superstar is much more conductive for spring skiing as they have the umbrella bars at the bottom. It's still 2500-3500' and should do well. They're also offering free skiing Sunday :)

Archived