joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Memorial Day Weekend Coastal/Snow

Damage In Tolland

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm shocked at how conservative BTV is being...I thought they would at least hit the 1500 foot elevations harder. They're barely going for much at 3,000 feet?

I'm not completely shocked by the names on the AFD...good mets but some get into this stuff more than others.  If Taber is on overnight again look for a reversal of this.  I've met/skied with Lahiff but I don't think he's on till later in the weekend...he'd probably jump on this a bit more, too. 

For me to make a quick trip back home tomorrow though I'll need to really think this comes down to 1,500ft or lower.  Even 30" at the summit but nothing below 2,000ft would suck to miss, I would be able to live with that.  Not if there's like a foot though in the parking lots at 1,500ft.

There's alot more than 100 people living at that elevation. There's plenty of housing on Mt Washington Road/Riga Road and more close to the highpoint in NW Connecticut.

Really? I doubt it. There are virtually no houses on Mt. Washington Road. It's an extremely rural area there northwest of Salisbury and Lakeville... and unfortunately for them they're in a downslope dandy spot. 

Really? I doubt it. There are virtually no houses on Mt. Washington Road. It's an extremely rural area there northwest of Salisbury and Lakeville... and unfortunately for them they're in a downslope dandy spot. 

I don't want to argue this point, but I've driven through some of those areas and seen housing at 1,400-1,500'. It not a metropolis, but people do live that high up.

55F here and slowly falling.

I don't want to argue this point, but I've driven through some of those areas and seen housing at 1,400-1,500'. It not a metropolis, but people do live that high up.

55F here and slowly falling.

Yes some people do but I doubt it's more than 100 and many areas by the lakes on the NYS border don't live there... they are summer/vacation homes.

Saying there are a lot of people over 1500' in NW CT is categorically false.

There may be approx. 100 in Salisbury but even that is a stretch. 

My point and click low for Saturday night came up from 38 to 40.  I am at 1288' .  Most of the village is at 1280 to 1500 feet but Danville is at 1400 feet or so and one of our main roads out to Route 2 goes up to 1900'+.  

any chance it is, given the time of year?

If the storm ends up a lot weaker and dynamics are insufficient. But I'm doubting that happens. The guidance is in remarkably good agreement that this is going to go gangbusters over VT tomorrow.

My point and click low for Saturday night came up from 38 to 40. I am at 1288' . Most of the village is at 1280 to 1500 feet but Danville is at 1400 feet or so and one of our main roads out to Route 2 goes up to 1900'+.

Yeah I noticed temps came up a little in the zone forecasts too. They have lows near 40F on Saturday night across the interior mountain counties.

If the storm ends up a lot weaker and dynamics are insufficient. But I'm doubting that happens. The guidance is in remarkably good agreement that this is going to go gangbusters over VT tomorrow.

How far south do you think the snowflakes can get?

Yeah I noticed temps came up a little in the zone forecasts too. They have lows near 40F on Saturday night across the interior mountain counties.

I'm finding that extremely hard to believe with what I'm looking at.

I wish the AFD elaborated more. They didn't discuss model guidance at all really.

I'm finding that extremely hard to believe with what I'm looking at.

I wish the AFD elaborated more. They didn't discuss model guidance at all really.

I'll admit I'm surprised they didn't even mention the chance of a "what if" scenario...ie what if dynamic cooling and or upslope cooling cause the lower 2000ft to go isothermal or something.

Archived