• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    amirah5
    Newest Member
    amirah5
March 21-26 winter storm threats: best SE opportunities of season?

GaWx

• Replies 529
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd say NWFS is a real pain to forecast given the topography. Seems to me they can't be given too much of a hard time for revising totals.

Not giving them a hard time, just saying its no surprise. We release our SNOWCAST Map about 24 hrs out, sometimes closer to the event. Its not a pain when you love the variability! lol.

We love NWFS as they truly piss some folks off and have others dancing in their living room watching it come down. Lived in Downtown Sylva for 3 yrs and loved (and hated) to see the Plott Balsams go white with flurries downtown.

It's snow flurrying!!! :snowing:   It would appear that there is some convective snow showers/flurries popping up around here.  I'm surprised it's falling as snow with temperatures in the low 40s, but that it is.

EDIT: Took a look at the radar and a 15-25 dbz snow shower is heading SE towards me.

EDIT #2: Ah, missed me to the north.

Flurries in Marietta on the way to work this morning, and them some near the house this afternoon... crazy...

Now just flat cold and windy...

Congrats to those of you who scored.

Several people reported snow in Dacula this morning... but I missed it. My wife emailed me and said it was snowing at their school.

Looks like winter itself is now winding down... (if you want to call it winter!  :weep: )

Hats-off to WilkesboroDude and SuperJames for being up at 2 am to look for flakes - and then logging in to tell us about it !!

Man, that is the definition of a snow-lover ! I wish I had been awake then to see the two flakes that probably fell here !

Beautiful pics from TN and the NC high-country. You've seen far more snow than the western Triad has seen this winter. Congrats !!

Here's to next winter! Hopefully it will be better - it couldn't be much worse !!!

Speak for yourself.  This -NAO stuff is awful in spring.  Can't do much outside...and all the plants/shrubs/trees have pulled back from their wanting to bloom.  They've all gone dormant again.  Ugh.

Yeah. The outside of my house is half painted right now since they started last week, but haven't been able to work since Thursday due to the cold. If it's not going to snow, I'd like a week of warmth real quick :P

Looks like winter itself is now winding down... (if you want to call it winter!  :weep: )

Hats-off to WilkesboroDude and SuperJames for being up at 2 am to look for flakes - and then logging in to tell us about it !!

Man, that is the definition of a snow-lover ! I wish I had been awake then to see the two flakes that probably fell here !

Beautiful pics from TN and the NC high-country. You've seen far more snow than the western Triad has seen this winter. Congrats !!

Here's to next winter! Hopefully it will be better - it couldn't be much worse !!!

Actually that is just one of the possible definitions.  :)

Archived