• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Gonzalo00
    Newest Member
    Gonzalo00
March 21-26 winter storm threats: best SE opportunities of season?

GaWx

• Replies 529
  • Created
  • Last Reply

really disappointed thatthis winter was pretty much nothing for the sandhills region...thought we had a good chance with this system, but like everything else this winter its going too far north and though there is plenty of moisture, there just isnt enough cold.  the local forecast had us at 39/33 with rain 2 days ago - now it has us at 45/37 with 70% chance of rain.  oi vey.

really disappointed thatthis winter was pretty much nothing for the sandhills region...thought we had a good chance with this system, but like everything else this winter its going too far north and though there is plenty of moisture, there just isnt enough cold.  the local forecast had us at 39/33 with rain 2 days ago - now it has us at 45/37 with 70% chance of rain.  oi vey.

According to the NWS, my forecasted high for Sunday is 35F with a 100% chance of rain (low of 32F with rain/snow transitioning to snow showers Monday morning).  I must admit that that will be pretty impressive if it verifies.  Probably a record low max?

According to the NWS, my forecasted high for Sunday is 35F with a 100% chance of rain (low of 32F with rain/snow transitioning to snow showers Monday morning).  I must admit that that will be pretty impressive if it verifies.  Probably a record low max?

While it's true those kinds of temps are impressive for late March, I'm another who feels as though late March should be giving us 70 degree temps etc :P

I'm  just sick of cold rain and shivering everytime I get in my car in the morning :P

12z EURO

6-9" Ashe County,NC northward

3-6" Boone, Avery County, Sparta, parts of Surry, Wilkes, Stokes

1-2" Yadkin, Forsyth, central/southern NC mountains

this is a shame 1 to 2 inches for the central and southern mtns. when it should be 5 to 9 inches. go figure.

The weather is going to be awesome this weekend. A nice cold rain is in order. I can't wait!

I am sure I will miss this weather in July but its definitely turning me bitter and twisted thinking about next winter, I am going to be unbearable next winter, guaranteed I get 5 posted a lot next winter! :-)

Don't look now....but the GFS and the NAM are showing a more southern route with this system. The transfer looks to take place south of the last runs. I would assume they are seeing the block a little better. Still not what we are looking for outside of the mtns, but it is a step in the right direction. Let's see what the Euro has in store for us this afternoon.

Don't look now....but the GFS and the NAM are showing a more southern route with this system. The transfer looks to take place south of the last runs. I would assume they are seeing the block a little better. Still not what we are looking for outside of the mtns, but it is a step in the right direction. Let's see what the Euro has in store for us this afternoon.

Yea seen that but JB says he's not buying it?

Not buying GFS suppression as RGEM/NAM both north Lets see what ECMWF says but I like what I have

GFS may be adding confusion,not solution

Any time a model has the precip stopping at the northern borders in a straight line across Ga. and Ala, I get suspicious, and sure enough the 12z has that same straight line southern end to the precip, but this time it's down around Gainesville for Tues.  Come Sun 0z I hope to see it down around Macon :)  Meanwhile, I got .6 and lots of thunder this morning early when it didn't count, but when it was cold enough the other night, I got 3 drops in the guage...that just ain't right. T

Big of you to admit you were wrong. :)

Lol. No, burns. Never once in my life have I ever considered 2 minutes of rain followed by 12 hours of snow a jxdama. It is most certainly a snowstorm. I've never wavered. Don't you know what jxdama means for goodness sakes?

Archived