joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
March 6-8 2013 Significant Coastal Storm Observations

earthlight

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looks like the trough is making its way through CT now with another band stationary running N-S through extreme E NY.

The precip up here and into NJ is falling apart.

That band over NY is also down here in extreme SW CT, it's a nice band, probably 1" per hour, however, not much is sticking yet. 33 degrees and dropping.

-skisheep

The heavy precip is really not making it into NJ. Will most likely stay that way

The NAM starts to bring in the banding into NJ early tomorrow morning. It's done pretty well with the storm so far in terms of the radar depiction.

LOL if the NAM's sim radar depiction has been correct we'd be under a 15-30" blanket of snow from DC to Boston

snowing really nicely here, but not really accumulating. folks in westchester who are accumulating, what is your current temp? 33.7" here.

-skisheep

I'm at 32.3/31 (temp from downtown Dobbs Ferry, probably under freezing up here). This band is amazing, just went out for a walk. Very heavy snow with beautiful dendrites. Coating the street completely now. Unleashing over the Hudson Valley as we speak. Wouldn't be surprised to wake up to a really nice surprise when I get up for work. 

I'm at 32.3/31 (temp from downtown Dobbs Ferry, probably under freezing up here). This band is amazing, just went out for a walk. Very heavy snow with beautiful dendrites. Coating the street completely now. Unleashing over the Hudson Valley as we speak. Wouldn't be surprised to wake up to a really nice surprise when I get up for work. 

yeah the band is pretty sweet up here as well, I think I'm going to be pleasantly suprised in the morning. Still think 4-6" here, shouldn't be too long before we get some accumulation. temp down to 33.4

-skisheep

Archived