12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
March 6-8 2013 Significant Coastal Storm Observations

earthlight

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think its rather funny the local news still have 3-6 inches for the lower Hudson valley when a few places are closing in on 6 and a lot still to go...

Just passed 8 inches, and going strong. Have been under heavy snow since 3pm, accumulating since 6. Beautiful

Steve D still calls for heaviest between 4 and 8 am.

I think its rather funny the local news still have 3-6 inches for the lower Hudson valley when a few places are closing in on 6 and a lot still to go...

Just passed 8 inches, and going strong. Have been under heavy snow since 3pm, accumulating since 6. Beautiful

Steve D still calls for heaviest between 4 and 8 am.

Wow where are you exactly?

SN/SN+, not sure if it's quarter mile vis, but it's ripping right now. 32 degrees, probably closing in on 1.5 on grassy surfaces, coating on pavement but accumulating fast. Looks like the NAM might have scored a coup?

Expecting 4-6"+ by morning, wouldn't be suprised if upton converts some of westchester to warnings. radar looks great right now!

-skisheep

Unless the snow gets much heavier or the temp drops below freezing, it will be difficult for it to accumulate in the city.  The ground is just too wet.  So far, there is a light coating on cars, roofs, and grass.

I agree and was thinking the same thing as I was just outside walking my dog.   I just saw some slop on car tops in my area of the world.

Time flies and before we know it it will be next winter and will have some more chances. 

Mod snow but temp really not dropping much. Even grassy areas aren't turning white. Doubt we'll get anything if this is the rate of temp drop

Take another look. It just started to accumulate on the grass and cars here in BayRidge. Visibility varying between 1 and 2 miles.

Huge flakes, coming down hard in Long Beach. Still having a hard time collecting on pavement but seems to be having an easier time on grass/cars/roofs. Definitely still a struggle for us in the near-urban areas. Looking like the warmer models are winning out as well, it's been stuck at 33-34 seemingly forever. Another degree or two down to 32 would make all the difference. Hopefully that happens before long and it piles up a lot quicker.

Archived