12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
March 6-8 2013 Significant Coastal Storm Observations

earthlight

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looks like earthlite country is under some impressive echoes in n/ middlesex/union

i'm just east of Mount Earthlight, and its the heaviest of the night so far.....moderate snow with some really big flakes....temp just snuck under 33,

1/2 inch on the deck

Finally.  Never been so happy to see 1/2" of snow in my life.  Big gorgeous flakes floating down and accumulating on the colder surfaces - just took a nice walk, threw a few snowballs, caught some snowflakes in my mouth, etc. .  If we can sustain this for a few hours, we'll get into the 2-4" called for by the NWS on the map.  I'll honestly be happy with 1-2" after all the heartache with this system so far.  Wish I were in the Hudson Valley, though - looks like you guys have been getting plastered. 

Snow and flake size have increased greatly here in freehold, patio and grass starting to whiten ..Temp is 32.8..

Marlboro, NJ Monmouth County. Steady light snow falling now and starting to pick up in intensity. Grassy areas actually starting to pick up a slight dusting.

Snow and flake size have increased greatly here in freehold, patio and grass starting to whiten ..Temp is 32.8..

Nice weenie band were under, finally accumulation.

Wantagh, right? We could be in for some fun times over the next few hours. Paved ground here is still a b*tch to get snow to lay onto but grass/cars are having an easier time. Wonder how Port Jeff/Commack are doing, not great radar echoes out that way;

0.8" from round 2 as of midnight.  That makes 1.8" total today.  We've been pretty much suckerholed tonght.  Radar looked very good near the Nassau-Suffolk border recently and great between Upton and Riverhead before that,  I am curious to see the Baiting Hollow report in the morning because it looked like they should have done very well earlier tonight.

I am trusting the high res models that there isn't going to be anything terribly exciting the rest of the night (it will keep snowing, but NBD for the next 5 or 6 hours), but things get a lot more interesting around wake-up time so I'm hitting the sack not feeling that I'll be missing much while sleeping.

I see double digits in your future over there in the snow belt of the tri-state. I swear eastern orange county is a snow magnet!

Yeah we always seem to do well here. Plus i have a little elevation which helps as well. Looks great out there.

How you making out up by you?

Archived