12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
March 6-8 2013 Significant Coastal Storm Observations

earthlight

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You guys down in Rockland and N Westchester should do awesome! Hopefully you guys can jackpot..

We are doing pretty good up here but you guys were stuck in that band for a few hrs.

Yeah it piled up quick....easily 1"/hr rates before....we got stuck between bands for a bit but it picked back up again.

Getting close to 32 and by far the heaviest now of the night! Closing in on an inch on colder surfaces sidewalk is starting to cover.

Wantagh, right? We could be in for some fun times over the next few hours. Paved ground here is still a b*tch to get snow to lay onto but grass/cars are having an easier time. Wonder how Port Jeff/Commack are doing, not great radar echoes out that way;

Yeah it piled up quick....easily 1"/hr rates before....we got stuck between bands for a bit but it picked back up again.

Yeah weathertap is showing this storm extremely banded. If your not in one your in some very lgt snow. Intensity picks up quickly once you enter one though. 

Wantagh, right? We could be in for some fun times over the next few hours. Paved ground here is still a b*tch to get snow to lay onto but grass/cars are having an easier time. Wonder how Port Jeff/Commack are doing, not great radar echoes out that way;

I'm Melville, se of commack. We had a great band of heavy snow for about an hour nd a half, snowing lightly now. Hopefully some bands can fire up on the east end and make there way west. One looks to be trying to form. Paved surfaces lightly coated with over an inch on grassy surfaces

I'm Melville, se of commack. We had a great band of heavy snow for about an hour nd a half, snowing lightly now. Hopefully some bands can fire up on the east end and make there way west. One looks to be trying to form. Paved surfaces lightly coated with over an inch on grassy surfaces

I mean sw lol

Coming down heavy and finally see some white on cars. What a fight this has been. Doubt we'll end up with more than an inch

Still have a long way to go with this and banding has been fairly tenacious around the immediate NYC area and east. Coming down hard out my window still as well. It's trying to slush up on pavement but having a much easier time on cars/grass/roofs. Huge flakes too.

When do we expect the last band to move through? 6AM? Noon? 6PM?

This is the strangest storm I have ever seen, there doesn't seem to be an end in sight.

Where is the surface low pressure located?

How much qpf will we wind up with, will SW nassau get clipped with some good snows too?

Snow should continue until probably noon or so. We want to get as much as we can before too long in the daytime though, as the sun angle makes it considerably harder to stick when temps are 32-34ish. I could see cold ground making it to a few inches if we can sustain these rates for a while.

Yeah Wantagh basically on the Bay. Easily an inch an hour in this band. Temps are getting close there is a huge tree in my backyard and it is dripping less and less. This band was exactly what we needed to get our temps where we need them for the rest of the event.

Snow should continue until probably noon or so. We want to get as much as we can before too long in the daytime though, as the sun angle makes it considerably harder to stick when temps are 32-34ish. I could see cold ground making it to a few inches if we can sustain these rates for a while.

I agree about accumulating snow through sunrise in the best banding, but some guidance has snow on/off through 6pm tomorrow.

I hope so. I just found it best to be pessimistic this winter.  

Still have a long way to go with this and banding has been fairly tenacious around the immediate NYC area and east. Coming down hard out my window still as well. It's trying to slush up on pavement but having a much easier time on cars/grass/roofs. Huge flakes too.

Archived