e46ds1x
    Newest Member
    e46ds1x
The March 5-7 White Lion Obs/Nowcasting Thread

Ji

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

looking at radar and sat pic Ian put up, I'm not so sure CHO will necessarily be the jackpot now

looks more NE of there, but I could be completely wrong

jackpot could be pretty close to us.. maybe high elevations of loudoun etc?

Thanks for that Ian. In other words. If you have precip over you right now. You are going to get blitzed. And I agree this is going to rival Feb 2010 for some of us.

in retrospect this maybe should have been so much easier for us to buy into. i mean, i think i've been pretty gung ho on it for the last 5 days or so but if it wasn't march we would have been in a similar mode to then i think the last few. well, the snow drought hurt as well. still think the initial calls of 10+ in DC were a bit extreme given climo but this is generally how our giant snow events happen. 

once I heard 2/10/10 was a #1 analog, I felt we had a great shot so long as temps cooperated

that and 2/6 were showing up almost every run on CIPS. it's like a 2/10 turning into a 2/5-6.

in retrospect this maybe should have been so much easier for us to buy into. i mean, i think i've been pretty gung ho on it for the last 5 days or so but if it wasn't march we would have been in a similar mode to then i think the last few. well, the snow drought hurt as well. still think the initial calls of 10+ in DC were a bit extreme given climo but this is generally how our giant snow events happen. 

Could never discount temps in March.  Hard to go all in when you're relying on manufactured cold air this late in the season.  

Yeah the GFS/nam javkpots about 20 miles north of CHO

Glad you guys are having a blast up there! my old hometown...Orange (30 miles NE of CHO) seems to be getting hit pretty hard and might be the bullseye.

anyone in charlottesville, orange, or culpeper area seeing good snows as of now? accum. so far?

Archived