northernriwx
    Newest Member
    northernriwx
The March 5-7 White Lion Obs/Nowcasting Thread

Ji

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Back to 8 to 10 for DC. Whatever.  WHen I go to my point and click forecast, its 4  to 10. The entire system is a mess. If I am snowed in tomorrow, going to write a letter to someone complaining. Meanwhile, didn't realize till now that even the Eastern Shore of Md. is under a Watch. 

Its actually snowing here across the bay bridge on the eastern shore as well

NAM/HRRR/RAP are showing an EPIC convective band that forms from the CCB basically wrapping up on itself. This could form over C/S DE through DC...rates in this band would be 2-4"/hr for a short time. This band forms around 11-2pm tomorrow. 

I know this isn't obs but most people are in this thread. 

will people stop obsessing about these maps....they mean nothing...nobdy should care what they say

LOL.....sorry, but at some point you just have to laugh. I wish those maps would go away forever.

BTW...it finally started to snow here. One nice gust of wind and BAM!

32 degrees with more or less steady mod snow. Looks like an inch on the grass and bushes. An area of my concrete back porch is white. Portions of the street in front of my house are preconsolidating. Preconsolidation is the term I use to refer to when snow is slushing up on the paved surface, not reflecting light as a wet road does, and getting ready to turn white from ongoing snow rates.

Archived