gopenoxfox
    Newest Member
    gopenoxfox
The March 5-7 White Lion Obs/Nowcasting Thread

Ji

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It starts.  I brought yall all to the promise land.  My thread started prowess will not be denied. 

I think the hat on your avatar sealed the deal....it certainly wasn't that fish (nemo) avatar. :P

Oh yeah here it comes. Grass is getting covered, shrub beds are, cars have a nice coating on them. Let her rip :snowing:

lol Tina Clarke saying that nothing was falling 2 minutes ago when its been snowing for an hour

OK. I realize I am forecast in the bullseye for this storm. So I am going to try to not be a dick the next couple of days. Just got home from the bar. It was awesome. Around 40 people all going nuts for the snow storm. Really cool. Started snowing about 9:00 out here. Grass, parking lots and Route 7 already covered. We are going to get burried out here. Its awesome.

When we get wind gusts, it is snow. When it is calm I still see rain. But less and less rain.

Interesting, it appears that being west is more important than being north so far.  I am about 15 miles SW of Reston/Sterling and now up to almost 2" on elevated surfaces, grass completely white, moderate snow for 2 hours now.

Many of the graphics showed a SW-NE gradient around NoVA but it appears to be more W-E based on some other obs as well.

Interesting, it appears that being west is more important than being north so far.  I am about 15 miles SW of Reston/Sterling and now up to almost 2" on elevated surfaces, grass completely white, moderate snow for 2 hours now.

Many of the graphics showed a SW-NE gradient around NoVA but it appears to be more W-E based on some other obs as well.

And incidentally, I am in a low spot in this area, at about 255 ft ASL.

Archived