joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
The March 6 Storm- The (last) Great White Hope

stormtracker

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So what are the boundary layer temps?  Next we'll be worrying about it trending a little too far north.  I don't think it can come too much farther north but I've been wrong before.

Freezing level during the higher QPF periods falls from 925mb to 950mb.  Below that is maybe 1 or 2C.  I think it is a snow sounding, especially towards 18 to 21z on Wed.  Actually, the early overnight period soundings are good, which makes me wonder if we couldn't hold onto snow despite a modeled boundary layer that is iffy.

Ryan Mahue said the new GGEM has been performing as well as the GFS and barely below the EURO

1. .@EricBlake12 during same time period using 00z, 12z: GFS = 0.922, ECMWF = 0.939. (Anomaly Correlation 5-day z500 NH)

2. How's the new Canadian Global model performing? For 5-day N. Hemi height skill -- very well. r = 0.922 pic.twitter.com/7tbnR6Dab4

AC scores don't really tell the whole story when it comes to real model skill and usability. But I do agree, the GGEM is better than most give it credit for.

So what are the boundary layer temps?  Next we'll be worrying about it trending a little too far north.  I don't think it can come too much farther north but I've been wrong before.

it can and probably will come further north....and me and you will be dealing with precip type problems...love this rin though....I dont really care if I get a ton of snow...even a few inches would make me happy

Archived