Gonzalo00
    Newest Member
    Gonzalo00
March Banter Thread

Isopycnic

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

lol. They are all great. I dont see where all the critism comes from.

yeah, I know right! I guess people think they got away from weather when NBC took over! But I think they are getting a lot better with showing models that we all look at and explaining different scenarios. I bet 98% of people watched on a regular basis when they first came on the air, I know I did

Thanks. Yeah we taxied for 20 minutes. I think we passed Stone Mountain twice. Now at RDU, home of the longest wait for checked bags in the entire history of the airline industry.

It's weird. I flew JetBlue to out of RDU to NYC and back and the bags came out so quickly I was impressed. The flight was also like 55 minutes when it was supposed to be 1.5 hours. I'll never fly another airline, ever. Second time flying JetBlue to NYC also. Flew Southwest to Colorado, was ok.

On the rare times I check baggage (usually only international),  Greensboro can take forever.  In fact, last time was absolutely superb.  Our flight on Lan Chile from Santiago was delayed there for 3+ hours, but we finally got on and go to Miami a few hours late (8-hour flight in the middle seat, though - shoot me).  In the end, after a 14-hour all-night deal, we got to Greensboro only to find that because of space reasons, American had decided to leave our bags in Miami and wouldn't ship them until the next flight.  Of course, the GSO employees didn't know what was going on and it took close to two hours to finally figure this out.  :axe:

GSO is such a shame.  The airport was booming back in the 1980s and expanded rapidly, but it's a shell of its former self now as a result of the USAir/Piedmont merger in 1989 and often seems like a ghost town with empty spaces everywhere.  It used to be a crew base for Piedmont and US Air (early on) and now it doesn't even have mainline service. :(

To GSO's credit, Timco (aircraft maintenance)and the like have helped and the FedEx hub has helped to rejuvenate the airport, as well.

On the rare times I check baggage (usually only international),  Greensboro can take forever.  In fact, last time was absolutely superb.  Our flight on Lan Chile from Santiago was delayed there for 3+ hours, but we finally got on and go to Miami a few hours late (8-hour flight in the middle seat, though - shoot me).  In the end, after a 14-hour all-night deal, we got to Greensboro only to find that because of space reasons, American had decided to leave our bags in Miami and wouldn't ship them until the next flight.  Of course, the GSO employees didn't know what was going on and it took close to two hours to finally figure this out.  :axe:

GSO is such a shame.  The airport was booming back in the 1980s and expanded rapidly, but it's a shell of its former self now as a result of the USAir/Piedmont merger in 1989 and often seems like a ghost town with empty spaces everywhere.  It used to be a crew base for Piedmont and US Air (early on) and now it doesn't even have mainline service. :(

Piedmont Triad International

The following is a complete list of international flights.

Thank you.

It's weird. I flew JetBlue to out of RDU to NYC and back and the bags came out so quickly I was impressed. The flight was also like 55 minutes when it was supposed to be 1.5 hours. I'll never fly another airline, ever. Second time flying JetBlue to NYC also. Flew Southwest to Colorado, was ok.

I flew Jet Blue one time. It was awesome. I go out west a lot and there never seem to be good flight times for JB for me. I fly Delta mostly, with the occasional American, if I'm going direct to Dallas. Delta is good. American and Southwest are ok, and US Air is just awful. But regardless of the airline, I have never stood at the baggage caroselle at RDU for less than 20 minutes (and it's usually around 30 minutes).

I flew Jet Blue one time. It was awesome. I go out west a lot and there never seem to be good flight times for JB for me. I fly Delta mostly, with the occasional American, if I'm going direct to Dallas. Delta is good. American and Southwest are ok, and US Air is just awful. But regardless of the airline, I have never stood at the baggage caroselle at RDU for less than 20 minutes (and it's usually around 30 minutes).

JetBlue is great for South American flights.  Delta has been my go to for years though, but probably because once you hit a certain mileage it just makes sense and seems easier.  Plus, they still run a direct to NYC from GSP and Charleston.  

American is so-so, and US Airways (particularly out of CLT) can eat it.

Orlando has become my most loathed airport, followed closely by LAX, Denver, Dulles and Miami.

Minneapolis, Salt Lake City, Detroit (strangely enough) and Kansas City give me the least problems.

I hope you guys arent expecting snow in GA tonight. Expect a cold rain unless you are the higher elevations. Hrrr indicates no snow in Ga tonight. All rain. Surface temps are a problem.

I'm covering all my bases tonight. Radar and model watching in 2 windows, swimsuit shopping in another. Snowflakes or boating either way I'm planning on escaping from the kitchen soon.

Haters gonna hate...

In any case, US Airways and American are merging into the biggest airline in the world (by fleet size). :)

I hope you guys arent expecting snow in GA tonight. Expect a cold rain unless you are the higher elevations. Hrrr indicates no snow in Ga tonight. All rain. Surface temps are a problem.

Now you go and say something like that....and here I was going to get the moles to send you some of my sleet...oh, well, maybe next winter for you...and you were so close :)   Goofy wants so bad to give me frozen right up into Wed.  This could be so major, and here you are bringing in the negative waves.  This is probably going to be the year of the windless hurricanes now :)    T

To GSO's credit, Timco (aircraft maintenance)and the like have helped and the FedEx hub has helped to rejuvenate the airport, as well.

The only thing convenient about PTI is you can rent a car and park in the same general area, try that at RDU. For a while in the early 2000's it was cheaper to fly out of PTI than RDU as well. Which is nice since PTI is about 3 miles closer to my house.

Oh. 20.3f outside. 21f at PTI

RDU (and CLT to some extent) has sucked the life out of GSO ... peeps would rather drive to RDU just to save $40, then pay $20 in gas, and $20 in parking, plus the ~1 hour drive lmao ... makes sense doesnt it  :nerdsmiley:  ... btw there IS mainline service ... 9x daily to ATL on Delta, Allegiant to Orlando, St. Pete, and just announced new nonstops to Ft Lauderdale, Frontier Airlines to Orlando plus their new nonstops to Denver start in May fwiw ... while it may not be 1986 when Piedmont and Eastern flew big jets all over, today you can fly nonstop from Greensboro/High Point/Winston-Salem to ATL, CLT, FLL, SFB, PIE, MIA, DFW, ORD, CVG, LGA, EWR, DCA, IAD, DTW, PHL, IAD, EWR & DEN ...

all in all not too shabby when u have an RDU and a CLT within 90 miles each direction :whistle:

RDU (and CLT to some extent) has sucked the life out of GSO ... peeps would rather drive to RDU just to save $40, then pay $20 in gas, and $20 in parking, plus the ~1 hour drive lmao ... makes sense doesnt it  :nerdsmiley:  ... btw there IS mainline service ... 9x daily to ATL on Delta, Allegiant to Orlando, St. Pete, and just announced new nonstops to Ft Lauderdale, Frontier Airlines to Orlando plus their new nonstops to Denver start in May fwiw ... while it may not be 1986 when Piedmont and Eastern flew big jets all over, today you can fly nonstop from Greensboro/High Point/Winston-Salem to ATL, CLT, FLL, SFB, PIE, MIA, DFW, ORD, CVG, LGA, EWR, DCA, IAD, DTW, PHL, IAD, EWR & DEN ...

all in all not too shabby when u have an RDU and a CLT within 90 miles each direction :whistle:

Unfortunately it's usually more than $40. Also the times of the flights are at odd times as comparred to RDU's, especially last time I looked for flights to BWI or NY

Weather forecasting is a disaster. I'm never looking at forecast past 48 hours again. This weekend severe event looks like ****.

It may be just my observations, but short range forecasting has gotten worse lately than long term.  At least official forecasts.

JetBlue is great for South American flights. Delta has been my go to for years though, but probably because once you hit a certain mileage it just makes sense and seems easier. Plus, they still run a direct to NYC from GSP and Charleston.

Orlando has become my most loathed airport, followed closely by LAX, Denver, Dulles and Miami.

Minneapolis, Salt Lake City, Detroit (strangely enough) and Kansas City give me the least problems.

I've been to just about every major city in the US and my least favorite airports are Philly, Oakland, LAX, and DFW (although it's much better since the put in the high speed rail system (they used to have this little tram that would just stop on the tracks for no reason -- it was the slowest transport between terminals ever)).

I like Denver, Memphis, MSP, and Sea-Tac. I've been to the others you mentioned, but it's been a while and I don't have much memory of them.

You never cause me anything but sorrow

You never cause me anything but pain

I can't help but to keep crying

I can't help but to keep crying in the cold rain

Cold rain, cold rain

Cold rain, cold rain

Cold rain, cold rain

I never want to see you falling, cold rain

i want to hear the one about if its gonna be this cold and not snow,it's a waste!

Archived