Total Members
    Most Online
    Gonzalo00
    Newest Member
    Gonzalo00
March Banter Thread

Isopycnic

Random weather banter:

This March is looking like it will be a colder month than January for Asheville.  January was at 42.4 degrees, and March is currently at 41.9.  Looking at the forecast for the next week, it should remain below January.  This will be the ninth time that has happened since 1903 and the first since 1960.

The more you know.

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks. Yeah we taxied for 20 minutes. I think we passed Stone Mountain twice. Now at RDU, home of the longest wait for checked bags in the entire history of the airline industry.

I fly weekly for work and to many airports and RDU definitely has the slowest baggage claim on the planet. If I'm coming in on a flight from Atlanta, sometimes baggage claim at RDU takes longer than the flight, depending on the flight route.

RDU (and CLT to some extent) has sucked the life out of GSO ... peeps would rather drive to RDU just to save $40, then pay $20 in gas, and $20 in parking, plus the ~1 hour drive lmao ... makes sense doesnt it  :nerdsmiley:  ... btw there IS mainline service ... 9x daily to ATL on Delta, Allegiant to Orlando, St. Pete, and just announced new nonstops to Ft Lauderdale, Frontier Airlines to Orlando plus their new nonstops to Denver start in May fwiw ... while it may not be 1986 when Piedmont and Eastern flew big jets all over, today you can fly nonstop from Greensboro/High Point/Winston-Salem to ATL, CLT, FLL, SFB, PIE, MIA, DFW, ORD, CVG, LGA, EWR, DCA, IAD, DTW, PHL, IAD, EWR & DEN ...

all in all not too shabby when u have an RDU and a CLT within 90 miles each direction :whistle:

Damn, forgot about Delta.  And Allegiant, of course.

The destinations list isn't bad, but they're practically all crappy RJs (I think Delta to Atlanta is the only mainline route?).  I was thinking Delta got rid of their mainline route to ATL a few years ago, but maybe they've added it back since then.  I've heard some rumors that US Airways could stick a mainline flight back in there with the American/US Airways merger, but we'll see about that.

The only airline I really ever fly is US Airways (except in some cases like set vacations where space available just doesn't cut it) since I can fly stand-by for free (space available, though...), and at least they have about a million RJs a day to CLT these days.

Now you go and say something like that....and here I was going to get the moles to send you some of my sleet...oh, well, maybe next winter for you...and you were so close :) Goofy wants so bad to give me frozen right up into Wed. This could be so major, and here you are bringing in the negative waves. This is probably going to be the year of the windless hurricanes now :) T

Sorry Tony. I was playing. Send me some sleet and hurricanes with wind. usually the opposite of what I say happens.

Archived