amirah5
    Newest Member
    amirah5
March Banter Thread

Isopycnic

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Man, I'm sorry Brick. You can sit next to me on the couch and watch the rest of the tournament. I have popcorn. Should we pull for Miami? And why is there an L in the word SHOULD?

:D

I'd rejoice more in UNC's loss, but I'm too worried about Duke's game against Creighton later.  I'd be lying if I said that I thought tonight would be a cakewalk for Duke.  I'm always terrified of Duke's performance in the tournament.  Will they show up to play or not?  :yikes:

I'd rejoice more in UNC's loss, but I'm too worried about Duke's game against Creighton later.  I'd be lying if I said that I thought tonight would be a cakewalk for Duke.  I'm always terrified of Duke's performance in the tournament.  Will they show up to play or not?  :yikes:

I, for one, am hoping Duke's game was left back in Durham with the spare pair of team undies.

I'd rejoice more in UNC's loss, but I'm too worried about Duke's game against Creighton later. I'd be lying if I said that I thought tonight would be a cakewalk for Duke. I'm always terrified of Duke's performance in the tournament. Will they show up to play or not? :yikes:

I think they will win tonight's game. I wouldn't worry so much about that one. But I don't think they have the team this year that will win the whole thing. I think Miami or Louisville will be the champs when the smoke clears. I'm leaning toward Miami.

Maybe they will get lucky and Creighton won't take out of of their best players like they did with UNC last year.

Sure, I bet you already warmed it up for me since NC State lost in the first round.

I'm pulling for Florida Gulf Coast all the way!

We agree on something, Brick!  I'm with you.  They're so much fun to watch.

This spring is just a kick in the gut after a crap winter.

I'm enjoying it thoroughly.  I'll take plenty more of this weather, if I can get it.  I'm getting rain.  The yard is green.  The temperatures are cool/cold.  I know it will always eventually get hot.  The longer that I can keep the jacket in use, I'm happy.  So, I'd have to completely disagree with you. 

We agree on something, Brick! I'm with you. They're so much fun to watch.

I'm enjoying it thoroughly. I'll take plenty more of this weather, if I can get it. I'm getting rain. The yard is green. The temperatures are cool/cold. I know it will always eventually get hot. The longer that I can keep the jacket in use, I'm happy. So, I'd have to completely disagree with you.

This week is gonna be very cold. 60s and 30s lol. 50s on Tuesday.

I'm quite bitter as I watch radar snow showers dry up as they approach GA. Congrats to you Stovepipe, it looks beautiful up there.

Thanks, sorry you didn't cash in on this one.  It's now up to 34 here, flakes are tiny, and most of what was on the ground has melted.  Oh well. 

We agree on something, Brick! I'm with you. They're so much fun to watch.

I'm enjoying it thoroughly. I'll take plenty more of this weather, if I can get it. I'm getting rain. The yard is green. The temperatures are cool/cold. I know it will always eventually get hot. The longer that I can keep the jacket in use, I'm happy. So, I'd have to completely disagree with you.

Agree 100%. Cool, plenty of rain. Low pollen. Besides, Spring just started. I'm sure for all those who want hot, dry, and heavy pollen, you'll get your wish soon enough.

Temps aren't there yet, but we've got time.  I'll take that track anytime.  Just give me a stronger high pressure to the north and we'll lock it up.  NOT worried about the calendar reading April at all.  :weenie:

3-6" is my first call for the Piedmont. The only real question is "How Much?"; the storm itself is guaranteed.  After all, I saw it on the GFS.   :lmao:  :lmao:

gfsnamer216850tempmslpp.gif

This was posted on Fb yesterday and taken somewhere in VA... Although,I don't remember the leafout for central NC last March 25th being that pronounced. That would be a pretty impressive leafout even for early April in central NC.

post-130-0-13049900-1364294215_thumb.jpg

Folks, In case you don't recall VA weather one year ago today, take a look.... Top pic, Mar 25, 2012, bottom pic.. today:(

EDIT: I was wrong. Here is a pic I took om 3/31/12 coming back from the Amwx SE GTG last year. A VERY Impressive early season leafout last year. Atypical even

post-130-0-36485200-1364297476_thumb.jpg

post-130-0-24324400-1364297647_thumb.jpg

this week in Clear Weather

http://blogs.newsobserver.com/clearweather/reporting-and-measuring-storm-damage#wgt=rss

Reporting and measuring storm damage

Submitted by nmorock on 03/25/2013 - 09:00  (Niki Morock)

Despite the cooler than normal temperatures we are experiencing, March is the beginning of meteorological spring and a time that usually begins a peak in severe weather. When we do start experiencing warmer temperatures and higher relative humidity, the storms will follow as they always do. With them will come storm damage reports from Skywarn spotters and the general public. Anyone can call in a damage report, and when done correctly, it is a great help to the National Weather Service.

Yeah, I was outside yesterday evening and remarked to my wife that I remember last year during March, the trees were much greener than this year. It started in February last year which I though was highly unusual. Now, things are finally starting to bud at the end of March....much more normal.

In Myrtle Beach the week before last, the yellow pollen started. We got down there on Thursday. On Friday, nothing. On Saturday, the car had a light coating of yellow. So it's coming. I hate that stuff.

I remember a few years ago, we had a very dry and windy start to Spring. Once the yellow pollen started, it stayed in the air for weeks. You could look out the window, and the air had a yellow haze to it. It was the worst I've ever seen. Hopefully, with a wetter start this year, it'll act to keep the pollen out of the air to a decent extent anyway. Fun times.

Archived