Gonzalo00
    Newest Member
    Gonzalo00
March Banter Thread

Isopycnic

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

its snowing and there is no severe happening in wnc.

I know. The funny thing is you look at the models and wonder when is going to warm up. Sunday doesnt count with that high of 81 and severe weather. Next 10 days are below average here. Then you have a rare snowstorm in the plains for this time of the year later this week.

Camped last weekend in the pop-up at a nearby state park and I can safely say that we had the best conditions ever. Sunny skies, a nice breeze, no bugs, no crowds, no heat. I don't know why more people don't camp in early spring/late fall. Way better than mid summer when everybody piles in the campgrounds.

I agree. However we try to go to different places

Lol that lake effect band in the NE north of Oswego has produced 4 feet of snow. You guys in NC should create a great lake called Lake Bevo or Lake Mackerel or Lake Isopycnic. That thing will produce for yall.

I already have a headstart on Lake Metallica.

Lake Metallica would be used to strengthen inland tropical systems.

I know. The funny thing is you look at the models and wonder when is going to warm up. Sunday doesnt count with that high of 81 and severe weather. Next 10 days are below average here. Then you have a rare snowstorm in the plains for this time of the year later this week.

Ready for spring and get served this weather platter of crap.  Asheville only 28 degrees below average today with no end in sight.

In our home school schedule, this week is the second in a 3 week block for weather, atmosphere, etc.

Took them on a "field trip" this morning.  They had a blast - our oldest actually carries a big interest in the weather.  He was hooked during the nasty tornado outbreak of late April 2011(?).

weatherlesson.png

In our home school schedule, this week is the second in a 3 week block for weather, atmosphere, etc.

Took them on a "flied trip" this morning.  They had a blast - our oldest actually carries a big interest in the weather.  He was hooked during the nasty tornado outbreak of late April 2011(?).

weatherlesson.png

Kudos to you and your wife for making such a huge commitment to home school your babies! :)

Took them on a "field trip" this morning.  They had a blast - our oldest actually carries a big interest in the weather.  He was hooked during the nasty tornado outbreak of late April 2011(?).

Awesome, Bevo!  I love it that they got see the weather studio.  I suppose we can chalk that up to your friendship with Mr. Andy Wood?  It helps to have friends in high places!  Were they on live TV this morning?  Or were they just walking around the studio in between segments?

Awesome, Bevo!  I love it that they got see the weather studio.  I suppose we can chalk that up to your friendship with Mr. Andy Wood?  It helps to have friends in high places!  Were they on live TV this morning?  Or were they just walking around the studio in between segments?

We actually waited until the news concluded for the morning - this gave him an opportunity to explain some of the things they are learning now, like frontal and cloud types, etc.  Plus, I'm not comfortable with the prospect of my 3 kids plundering a live news room.  

Birds are going crazy here. Therefore, I am calling for accumulating snow IMBY.if u get enough birds to stay in your yard long enough, it will look like accumulating snow! That's the only way you will see accumulating snow this season!!!

I get spotty snow accumulation on my truck whenever I park under a tree overnight. In fact, last week it may have been a blizzard.

Archived