• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    amirah5
    Newest Member
    amirah5
March Banter Thread

Isopycnic

It puts a little perspective on just how "warm" this winter was in comparison to last.  I know many have remarked on the early arrival of bees and ants, but in reality a warmer winter would have pushed an earlier start to foliage as it did last year.

I'm not saying it was a cold winter through and through.  I am saying that it was closer to normal though.  Those photos paint a picture that may even conflict with what statistical data would suggest.

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah, I was outside yesterday evening and remarked to my wife that I remember last year during March, the trees were much greener than this year. It started in February last year which I though was highly unusual. Now, things are finally starting to bud at the end of March....much more normal.

In Myrtle Beach the week before last, the yellow pollen started. We got down there on Thursday. On Friday, nothing. On Saturday, the car had a light coating of yellow. So it's coming. I hate that stuff.

I remember a few years ago, we had a very dry and windy start to Spring. Once the yellow pollen started, it stayed in the air for weeks. You could look out the window, and the air had a yellow haze to it. It was the worst I've ever seen. Hopefully, with a wetter start this year, it'll act to keep the pollen out of the air to a decent extent anyway. Fun times.

I ran across a picture of the small garden pond we built last year in early March. By this time last year we had 6 inches of new growth on the Hydrangeas and the water plants were sprouting new growth as well.

Much more normal this year. 

Temps aren't there yet, but we've got time.  I'll take that track anytime.  Just give me a stronger high pressure to the north and we'll lock it up.  NOT worried about the calendar reading April at all.  :weenie:

3-6" is my first call for the Piedmont. The only real question is "How Much?"; the storm itself is guaranteed.  After all, I saw it on the GFS.   :lmao:  :lmao:

The storm is still there at 12z, just suppressed.  We have this on on lock.  Time to bring it home.

Gotta a strange question if someone can help....Its 27o with light snow here...Im standing on my porch looking Southeast (toward Marion, Morganton, Statesville, etc) and I see 3 or 4 blue flashes within the distant clouds about a minute apart that looks like lightning to me, but I see no lightning on the radar anywhere...Is lightning what Im really seeing?  Ive ruled out fireworks....Please...Im serious...There are no drugs or alcohol in me or on the premises...Could it be some sort of static discharge associated with the NW flow here?

Archived