• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    amirah5
    Newest Member
    amirah5
March Banter Thread

Isopycnic

Gotta a strange question if someone can help....Its 27o with light snow here...Im standing on my porch looking Southeast (toward Marion, Morganton, Statesville, etc) and I see 3 or 4 blue flashes within the distant clouds about a minute apart that looks like lightning to me, but I see no lightning on the radar anywhere...Is lightning what Im really seeing?  Ive ruled out fireworks....Please...Im serious...There are no drugs or alcohol in me or on the premises...Could it be some sort of static discharge associated with the NW flow here?

Friction from the ice crystals...aka lightening.  Best guess considering it is snowing where you are.

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Gotta a strange question if someone can help....Its 27o with light snow here...Im standing on my porch looking Southeast (toward Marion, Morganton, Statesville, etc) and I see 3 or 4 blue flashes within the distant clouds about a minute apart that looks like lightning to me, but I see no lightning on the radar anywhere...Is lightning what Im really seeing?  Ive ruled out fireworks....Please...Im serious...There are no drugs or alcohol in me or on the premises...Could it be some sort of static discharge associated with the NW flow here?

Check for power outages in the area.  Blue flashes often mean transformers shorting out.

I do think there is occasionally some thundersnow associated with major upslope snow events (not sure about this far south, though?), so it is possible.

Transformers would be my first guess, though, as Jburns said.

EDIT: Oh, well if they are within the clouds, then that probably rules out transformers.  Probably lightning then, I suppose, though I could be wrong.

Gotta a strange question if someone can help....Its 27o with light snow here...Im standing on my porch looking Southeast (toward Marion, Morganton, Statesville, etc) and I see 3 or 4 blue flashes within the distant clouds about a minute apart that looks like lightning to me, but I see no lightning on the radar anywhere...Is lightning what Im really seeing? Ive ruled out fireworks....Please...Im serious...There are no drugs or alcohol in me or on the premises...Could it be some sort of static discharge associated with the NW flow here?

HAARP

Well not buying snow around the 5th. Putting 5th wheel hitch back in truck. Time start camping next week. If it does verify I guess I come back early

My wife, kids, and I were thinking about camping at Hanging Rock for a couple of nights the weekend of April 5-7, but I'm not liking what I'm seeing on the models.  I've camped in a cold rain many times before, but I want some springtime sunshine.

:(,..I hope u get to feeling better!

Thanks rdu   :wub:

I know I've been MIA for the most part lately, but this illness has kicked my azz.  I never knew that extreme coughing could cause the cartilage to separate from my sternum, and this is some painful stuff.  I'll be so very glad when I'm back to normal...well.....as normal as I can be anyway :lol:  

Thanks rdu   :wub:

I know I've been MIA for the most part lately, but this illness has kicked my azz.  I never knew that extreme coughing could cause the cartilage to separate from my sternum, and this is some painful stuff.  I'll be so very glad when I'm back to normal...well.....as normal as I can be anyway :lol:

I hope you feel better soon... :)

Thanks rdu :wub:

I know I've been MIA for the most part lately, but this illness has kicked my azz. I never knew that extreme coughing could cause the cartilage to separate from my sternum, and this is some painful stuff. I'll be so very glad when I'm back to normal...well.....as normal as I can be anyway :lol:

Sorry you've been sick. We've tried to be good.

Thanks rdu :wub:

I know I've been MIA for the most part lately, but this illness has kicked my azz. I never knew that extreme coughing could cause the cartilage to separate from my sternum, and this is some painful stuff. I'll be so very glad when I'm back to normal...well.....as normal as I can be anyway :lol:

Wow sounds serious. Hope you get better soon

My wife, kids, and I were thinking about camping at Hanging Rock for a couple of nights the weekend of April 5-7, but I'm not liking what I'm seeing on the models.  I've camped in a cold rain many times before, but I want some springtime sunshine.

My oldest boy turns 4 this weekend and he wanted to go camping for his birthday.  Despite models showing periodic showers I think we are gonna chance it.  With highs in the mid 60s and lows in the mid 40s it could be worse.

My oldest boy turns 4 this weekend and he wanted to go camping for his birthday. Despite models showing periodic showers I think we are gonna chance it. With highs in the mid 60s and lows in the mid 40s it could be worse.

We leaving Sunday to go camping. As far as hanging rock I'm not far from it. Great place but still cold around here

Dear flu/bronchitis,

please go away.....kths

Sorry you are all stubbed up and hab tribble beeding :)  Watch out for cough suppressants!  I got some prescription syrup for a bad lung congestion/wheezing/coughing attack, and took a big swig, having been raised on Tussin, and Codine whatevers.  Well, in about 20 minutes the screaming deamons from Raiders of the Lost Ark came rushing at my face, and for the rest of the night I sat bolt upright in bed, expecting at any minute to have my face melt, as they swirled around me in hideous technicolor, lol.  Sure, it may sound cool to all you fun time folks out there, but I was a drooling wretch by morning.  That stuff was straight out of a McBeth bubbling cauldron.  Oh, it stopped the cough all right, but shattered my psyche.  T

Sorry you are all stubbed up and hab tribble beeding :)  Watch out for cough suppressants!  I got some prescription syrup for a bad lung congestion/wheezing/coughing attack, and took a big swig, having been raised on Tussin, and Codine whatevers.  Well, in about 20 minutes the screaming deamons from Raiders of the Lost Ark came rushing at my face, and for the rest of the night I sat bolt upright in bed, expecting at any minute to have my face melt, as they swirled around me in hideous technicolor, lol.  Sure, it may sound cool to all you fun time folks out there, but I was a drooling wretch by morning.  That stuff was straight out of a McBeth bubbling cauldron.  Oh, it stopped the cough all right, but shattered my psyche.  T

Dude, sounds like you were primed for a Greatful Dead concert; sorry about the bad trip.

This brings back memories of an absolutely hilarious SNL skit that had Dan Akyroyd playing Jimmy Carter talking down a guy on a bad trip over the telephone.

SPRING CANCEL 2013 CONTINUES: Now this is just getting ridiculous. With a slight warm-up going into Easter Weekend with highs in the low 60s but some rain around. There's yet another cool down arriving next week. Monday could be our warmest day with highs getting very close to 70°. Then Tuesday another surge of Arctic air arrives and highs dip back down into the 50s. Then Thursday morning the GFS model wants to throw some snow out there with a southern stream piece of energy. It's only one model and not very likely to happen, but it does illustrate how cool this is for April. Spring still on hold until Mid-April I'm afraid.
553175_468874673184994_2063499357_n.png

Unlike · · Share · 343755 · about an hour ago ·

A man could have a helluva time in Vegas on that stuff.

CDOwmmz.png

Archived