Gonzalo00
    Newest Member
    Gonzalo00
March Banter Thread

Isopycnic

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"April Fool's" snow still holding on for one member...

http://raleighwx.americanwx.com/models/gfsensemble/members/12zensp005snow288.gif

The next panel shows more for NC: http://raleighwx.americanwx.com/models/gfsensemble/members/12zensp005snow300.gif

Brings the goods for Wilkes with 11-12" and 5-6" here.  If I were to forecast for that storm right now, I'd go 3-6" in the Western Piedmont and 8-12" in the foothills with 12"+ possible in the mountains; and that's being conservative.  There is no question there will be a storm.  The only question is amounts.  ALL IN.

:lmao:  :lmao:  :lmao:  :lol:

:weenie:The next panel shows more for NC: http://raleighwx.americanwx.com/models/gfsensemble/members/12zensp005snow300.gif

Brings the goods for Wilkes with 11-12" and 5-6" here.  If I were to forecast for that storm right now, I'd go 3-6" in the Western Piedmont and 8-12" in the foothills with 12"+ possible in the mountains; and that's being conservative.  There is no question there will be a storm.  The only question is amounts.  ALL IN.

:lmao:  :lmao:  :lmao:  :lol:

:weenie:

Good ole eastern NC BBq almost beats some fried seafood. But the prime rib beats both.

Love some eastern BBQ. A colleague from Kansas City came to town trying to tell me that KC BBQ was better than NC BBQ. Of course, he'd never had NC BBQ. I took him and he admitted his error almost immediately.

well a year ago this week I was getting camper ready for Disney World. This year we are planning on going to Hershey, PA but depends on temperatures. If not we are going to Ole Faithful- Pigeon Forge. My son's first baseball game is Saturday with a high of 42. Should be football season. Hopefully we have one last storm over the weekend before it all ends

my son has his 4 th baseball practice this Sat. Two out of first three have been rained out,looking like three out of four based on Sat forecast . On a side note, anybody on here have an abnormally tall child, that gets treated differently because they look alot older than they are ,in sports or in school, and how to deal?

my son has his 4 th baseball practice this Sat. Two out of first three have been rained out,looking like three out of four based on Sat forecast . On a side note, anybody on here have an abnormally tall child, that gets treated differently because they look alot older than they are ,in sports or in school, and how to deal?

No, but I have a very short child that scored 148 HS soccer goals. 

thats awesome! My son just turned six, and has played soccer, baseball,flag football,and basketball. Just hasn't got all his coordination down yet for his gangly body. At his 6 yo checkup he was 52 inches tall and 64 lbs.

Mine is a daughter.  She played several sports.  5', 95lbs in HS.  I spent several years taking photos of her.

P5153445Crop-X3.jpg

KL9T0243_01-XL.jpg

KL9T0378-XL.jpg

Yeah, being tall is over rated! It's no fun trying to squeeze a 6'7" tall 280# frame into the back seat of a new VW Beetle! And you get asked almost daily if you ever played basketball or football, and " how tall are you"

On the bright side, snow accumulations on your head will be higher than most.

Archived