• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Feb 27th threat - to be discussed in time, but it should tend to more Miller B

Typhoon Tip

On the GFSx the low pressure is in the region from days 6 to day 10 (I can't see past day 10 on the site i'm looking at currently).  Is this as strange as it looks to me?  I've only been following the weather with a scientific interest for a few seasons now but I haven't seen an evolution anything like this before.

Anyone care to explain roughly whats going on with the evolution of the system in general terms?

Thanks for any info!

Yes, blocking in Quebec.  The ULL is the low trapped under the block. 

This is similar to other setups such as. 2/25/2010 1/1/2010 and Hurricane Sandy. Multiday setups. However the LLJ weakens at some point and the precip dies down.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes, blocking in Quebec.  The ULL is the low trapped under the block. 

This is similar to other setups such as. 2/25/2010 1/1/2010 and Hurricane Sandy. Multiday setups. However the LLJ weakens at some point and the precip dies down.

These types of storms usually don't end up well up here, Especially ones that back in from the gulf, Air mass would certainly be in question

Eh, still rain I think in beginning, but trending colder. The real deal is after.

Also, nobody "jumped the gun" on anything in here except Kevin who thinks when someone says "it is modeled to be rain right  now but can change" means that you are locking in a rain solution.

Also, nobody "jumped the gun" on anything in here except Kevin who thinks when someone says "it is modeled to be rain right now but can change" means that you are locking in a rain solution.

I remember when you were so nice on the boards and Didnt attack and say mean things like this and Timmy yesterday. Bring that Will back

Also, nobody "jumped the gun" on anything in here except Kevin who thinks when someone says "it is modeled to be rain right  now but can change" means that you are locking in a rain solution.

I almost hate commenting on something a week out because it gets turned into a "bust" per weenies when we said countless times that it can change.

I almost hate commenting on something a week out because it gets turned into a "bust" per weenies when we said countless times that it can change.

Can we just stop with the weenies say bust, only one or two and its the same ones, please post your thoughts extensively even speculating, it is very much appreciated by those of us who love free flowing ideas and discussion with repercussion.

Can we just stop with the weenies say bust, only one or two and its the same ones, please post your thoughts extensively even speculating, it is very much appreciated by those of us who love free flowing ideas and discussion with repercussion.

Ive kind of had it with your veiled posts trying to call me out. Cut the crap dude

Ive kind of had it with your veiled posts trying to call me out. Cut the crap dude

huh? I said one or two weenies, WTF are you talking about? I said something the other day about you dominating the thread too much, but that is not unusual. Cut this :weenie: enjoy your 6-8 while I wallow in 2-4, bigger fish to fry coming up though.

I love this event for the ADK and Greens. Hope it stays as modeled through the weekends.  Big, wet, vertically stacked lows over mtns makes for big pow. I'm very closely watching this.

Yup, if this verifies, a sick day or two might be in order, when there's snow, there's no better place than whiteface!

How's the GFS look?

-skisheep

Archived