3) 45.2 in 1967

4) 40.4 in 1920

5) 39.3 in 2013 (thru Feb. 25)(7 A.M.)

6) 37.0 in 1893

7) 36.0 in 1899

8) 35.3 in 2013

9) 34.7 in 1926,1934

Could sneak into 3rd place! 

The closest climate site to me, ALB, averages about as much snow as Blue Hill and Portland Maine, and just a little less than Worcester.  We're currently getting doubled up by Blue Hill and tripled up by PWM and ORH.  I'm just hoping to break double digits for the month.  Downsloping looks to be a bl problem here but the ridges to the west of the HV (Logan) could really cash in with this setup.

Right on the heels of him b**ching all week how this past storm was gonna be too suppressed. :lol:

Reverse psychology FTW this winter. Kevin's pessimism on the blizzard started the trend.

lol, I was not referring to my area, Some of you downstream is who this was directed at, And yeah, I bitched, Until we started to see a trough on this one developing as the surface low looked like it would never get here and did not early on, This one had just a good a chance to go out under us if the block was not in a favorable spot

This could be a nasty, nasty event for a lot of the interior... perhaps a 2nd season-defining system if things work out right, but not for any blizzard, but high impact multi-threat. 

00Z

This could be a 2-4" of snow, then .75" accretion in icing, followed by 12 to 18 hours of steady light to moderate snow resulting in 6-10" - that's what the 00z GGEM looked like...

The NOGAPS kept it snow N of the Pike for 36 straight hours!  

The Euro was less impact but similar distribution of p-types...   

NAM is June in a -NAO so can't conceptually be trusted, although the 12z desperately tried to cool it seemed. 

GFS ...blah blah blah

Just in general, this is an odd one.  It's a bundle of deep layer dynamics that gets caught up in the nadir of the NAO, and thus gets "trapped" so to speak, where the system's spatial-temporal evolution becomes more depended on the NAO time-span.   This makes for a very long, long system - 

12z suite should be interesting... 

Archived