Gonzalo00
February 16th-17th Snow Observations

joey2002

• Replies 456
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Mitch only has 34 inches in Lenox YTD

MRG must have lost all his hair with the lack of snow in that area this winter

The east slope has done a lot better than IMBY. They had 20-25" last week as the death band stopped just east of my location before pivoting away. They also didn't taint in 12/26 and had 12-18" and did better than I did in the 12/29 event. I think the east slope is near 60-70" so far, maybe even pushing 75" in a few spots.

Just an awful stretch of luck for the West Slope, Taconics, and the Capital District of NY.

The east slope has done a lot better than IMBY. They had 20-25" last week as the death band stopped just east of my location before pivoting away. They also didn't taint in 12/26 and had 12-18" and did better than I did in the 12/29 event. I think the east slope is near 60-70" so far, maybe even pushing 75" in a few spots.

Just an awful stretch of luck for the West Slope, Taconics, and the Capital District of NY.

At this point even parts of the Valley are doing better than part of the Berks or S. VT for that matter.

I'm over 50" here and getting close to my climo.   

Just that kind of year where parts of CT are way ahead of many locations in CNE and NNE.  I think you'll make up for it some over the next month.

50.5" YTD in West Hartford. 

Looks like we managed a wind strewn couple of inches of powdered sugar up here in Ayer and that's about it.  The sky is getting lighter.  Rad confirms with the back edge now east of me and receding seaward.   In fact, judging by vis imagery we may actually recoup some sunshine for an hour before sundown later this afternoon.  This thing is hauling ass.  

I got back home around 12:am and spent and hour and a half wondering how this was going to miss ...  I finally gave up around 2 when I noticed our lead axis of action suddenly began to collapse.  I figured the bombing low was erasing the frontogenics aloft in lieu of its construct, and since I didn't have any faith that it would really clip the area I crashed.  It appears it did clip after all, but too much dry air.  Even where it snows hard in last gasping bands near the coast at this time, there are DP depressions.   

This thing is an awesome satellite storm!   

Archived